Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

Default Is it considered boxing:

If I ask my brother to log a toon in ( separate locations (by 120kms) and IPs ) and he goes afk while I kill on one toon and he soaks xp.

Not to open a can of worms; but my only thing against this would be if a GM thought you were boxing and asked you to do the "boxing tests" and you'd have to explain to them that the person in your group afking is actually afk and thus not worth the risk?

Where is the line drawn?
Old 03-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

You would probably get banned because there was no way to tell you werent using a VPN or something to change your IP address to another state.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Orc

Don't think they'd ask if you were boxing if you have separate IPs. I'm pretty sure they only show up if you are on the same IP and you look like you are boxing.

60 Cleric - Toradol Ketorolac
53 Druid - Ivermectin

<Fires of Heaven>
Old 03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othniel626 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think they'd ask if you were boxing if you have separate IPs. I'm pretty sure they only show up if you are on the same IP and you look like you are boxing.
If someone petitions saying it looks like they are boxing(1 character never moving could easily constitute this) gm's will look into it. If OP cant get the other toon to move if they have the same IP address or not i would presume they would get banned. I can easily boot up my laptop and change the IP to make it something else if i wanted to. IP's really mean nothing in the scheme of things other then the idiots that dont even try and change it and just box from same IP.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Orc

That's interesting. Seems harsh of them to do ban people for AFKing during groups. But I see what you mean about tampering with the IP.

60 Cleric - Toradol Ketorolac
53 Druid - Ivermectin

<Fires of Heaven>
Old 03-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

So is it illegal for someone to afk while a friend grinds? Like say you have to go afk for an hour and your friend says its fine for you to stay logged in hes gonna be grinding this camp for a while. Would you get banned for this?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So is it illegal for someone to afk while a friend grinds? Like say you have to go afk for an hour and your friend says its fine for you to stay logged in hes gonna be grinding this camp for a while. Would you get banned for this?
If someone wanted to report you and GM's came to check i would think yes it is bannable. I'll admit i've grouped with people and went afk before and nothing happened but that could have also been because no one reported us for anything. You would probably be ok if you did it in some out of the way area and didnt fuck anyone over in the process.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, stupid people who petition because they are angry with you or for some other reason, are the reason you cannot AFK or possibly risk getting banned.

People really need ot leave 2-box patrolling to GMs and not petition every duo they come across with an AFKed member.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, stupid people who petition because they are angry with you or for some other reason, are the reason you cannot AFK or possibly risk getting banned.

People really need ot leave 2-box patrolling to GMs and not petition every duo they come across with an AFKed member.
Boxxer!
Old 03-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Large Bat

It is not unusual for someone in a group to go AFK while the group continues whatever they were doing. Maybe a simple bio break is interrupted by some kind of family emergency. Even if someone is AFK on purpose just to soak up XP while doing something else, it is certainly no worse than your normal power leveling scenario and absurd to think it is a bannable offense.
Closed Thread