Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Default Sneaking wood-elves into Neriak

As a few players have discovered, I play a rogue who likes going into places she shouldn't be. My next goal (at lvl 18) is Neriak because... just because. The only issue is that wood elves and dark elves do not mix. When I looked into illusion items, the dark elf masks are NO DROP and the one still in the game drops from a lvl 35 undead who sees through hide and sneak. I plan to do the red wine quest to push up my faction once I get in, but living long enough to do the hand-in seems to be the challenge.

Is it just going to be a case of sneaking in and doing the hand-in from behind? Am I just wasting my time sneaking into Neriak?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Kobold

I did this on live with my woodelf ranger with camo and using the wine quest.

Your hide/sneak should get you in to do the wine quest easily.

Krey
Old 01-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

This plan has a minor flaw; he had his back to the wall and aggroed on me when I tried to do the hand-in. I might have to give this some thought...
Old 01-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Try again as close to the wall as you can or you can try to turn him first. With a level 1 dark elf you can hail him and he should turn to look at you, after that log back in to your rogue and he should still be facing that direction.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

I worked out what I was doing wrong; I tried the hand-in without turning off hide, then he turned to face me. When I tried sneaking without hiding, I could do 7 stacks without a problem.

Then I died going outside to /con a guard and getting too close...

It was at about 700 turn-ins that my rogue could walk past a guard without dying. Many other people there wanted to kill me, but at least the guards are now dubious rather than ready to attack.
Last edited by Mentathiel; 01-03-2015 at 05:32 PM..
Old 01-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

What's your deity? If you're not a kos + kos combo, dark elf illusion should be enough to get you into most places in Neriak without any faction work. Take a field trip to Lower Guk during prime time and ask the person camping Ass/Sup nicely if you can have the mask if it's rotting. After that, it's just a matter of waiting for Assassin to drop w/ mask. Like 28 min timer or so.

Getting the mask at low level is a rogue right of passage. Faction work is beneath us, seriously.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2015, 05:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting the mask at low level is a rogue right of passage. Faction work is beneath us, seriously.
See, this is the kind of thing that newbs like me have no idea about. (might have saved 40-ish pp in red wine if I had) I walked into Chardok in search of my current dagger, but the Assassin can see through sneak, so I had been reluctant to risk it...
Last edited by Mentathiel; 01-05-2015 at 06:18 AM..
Old 01-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Besides the elemental over on live side, that's probably the one thing that'll kill you (actually killed me getting my mask on P99 haha) so I'm glad you did your research haha. I would just wait at the bottom of the ladder, and wait for damage spam to tell you Assassin is up.

Have fun being lost in Guk for hours like I used to be. It really makes you appreciate never ending invisibility. Any other class would be dead 30x over in the time it took me to figure out Guk. Use a map and remember the path you take. Wish ya luck :)
Old 01-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Kobold

I agree with Cecily on this one. The mask is quite easy to get since the Thick Banded Belt is almost always camped. Just sneak/hide your way to it. Here are some tips:

Do a /who gukbottom all and ask someone to do a CC for you. If someone is camping ass/sup, send them a /tell to see if anyone else is after the mask. If not then come on down!

Grab a SoW before you head into uguk, even if you have to tip for it. The increase in move speed for sneak/hide with SoW is quite large.

While sneaking, strafing is MUCH faster than running forward. (In this case, when I say strafe I mean going directly sideways, not diagonally forward). Use this to your advantage!

Also, here are some directions if you aren't feeling adventurous to find out yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Remember, sneak/hide the whole way if you are low enough to grab aggro!

From UGuk:
Run down ramp, make a right into the room with the plank over the water. Go into the water and follow water until you see land with spiders. Go onto the land and follow the passageways until you see a room with a doorway guarded by a couple of frogs. Go into that room and follow the path downstairs until you see a room with two water pillars and a tub in the middle. There is a open doorway on the left side of that room, go into that doorway and follow the path down. Keep Right and pass the room with the frogs inside the cubbys. This will lead you down a ramp/corridor where you will come out to some spires with small wooden plank/bridges. Cross the first plank and hang right to cross another plank. Then follow that corridor keeping the wall to your right. Eventually you will hit a room with a passageway on the righthand side. That is the zone into LGuk undead side.

From LGuk undead side entrance:
Follow the passageway down the ramp until you hit a small "river". Jump in the "river" and swim right. You need to swim down and back up. When you pop up, go to the left side, this will put you in the Bedroom area. Take the left most corridor, this will take you to the bats area. Again, take the left most corridor and this will take you pass the ice skeletons. Follow that corridor and it will lead you to an open room with 2 frogs on the side of the entryway. As you enter the room you will notice gargoyles to your right and wizard frogs to your left. Just go straight into the hallway with the ladder. Once you enter the hallway, it will force you to turn left. Turn left and go straight... it will dead end into a wall with a ladder on it. That ladder leads you to ass/sup camp!

Good luck!
Closed Thread