Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-17-2023, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you end up with OOR healers ruining every PVP encounter
One of the many reasons low-level PvP sucked.

Twinks and OOR healers were the worst.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with Teams is that whichever high-end guild gives in to cross-teaming first, automatically wins.

I remember back on TZ, it went from the intended four Racial Teams, to Good (Elves, Humans & Shorts) v. Evil because the Dark Team alone had such a high population. Then, after Pandemonium, x-teaming became the only viable strategy.

I remember there were some long-term holdouts into Velious, like Human Retribution, but eventually those guilds fizzled out because it just wasn't a viable gameplay strategy.

Server would have to be hard coded both offensively and defensively. No healing or buffing players on another Team, or you end up with OOR healers ruining every PVP encounter
I liked lights vs darks on TZ and I also liked that the lights could fight among themselves as elves, shorts and humans.

I’d hardcode against heals and buffs from lights to darks and vice versa. I wouldn’t hardcode against shorts/elves/humans healing/buffing each other but i would want to keep them pvp against each other - so a dwarf on elf action would leave the human picking who to toss a heal to.

Ie lights can choose to work together or not based on situation.

I’d be tempted to go deeper by breaking darks into sub teams similar to the lights (maybe lizards vs evil antonicans?). I’d also consider bending the barriers of the teams a little. Putting Cazic Erudites on evil and so on. Perhaps this could be a way to add bards to evil? Idk if bards can be fear/hate/plague. Probs not unfortunately.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-17-2023, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked lights vs darks on TZ and I also liked that the lights could fight among themselves as elves, shorts and humans.

I’d hardcode against heals and buffs from lights to darks and vice versa. I wouldn’t hardcode against shorts/elves/humans healing/buffing each other but i would want to keep them pvp against each other - so a dwarf on elf action would leave the human picking who to toss a heal to.

Ie lights can choose to work together or not based on situation.

I’d be tempted to go deeper by breaking darks into sub teams similar to the lights (maybe lizards vs evil antonicans?). I’d also consider bending the barriers of the teams a little. Putting Cazic Erudites on evil and so on. Perhaps this could be a way to add bards to evil? Idk if bards can be fear/hate/plague. Probs not unfortunately.
at this point just go SZ teams imo. they put Rallos Zek on evil team which is how they got bards. official statement from live devs back then:

The 'Teams':

The Good Alliance consists of: Erollisi Marr, Mithaniel Marr, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, Tunare
The Evil Alliance consists of: Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek
The Neutral Alliance consists of: Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Karana, Prexus, Solusek Ro, The Tribunal, Veeshan.

There are no Agnostics on Sullon Zek. With the new influence of the gods, those that had not declared for one deity or another have been killed. Everyone now worships a deity, if not out of respect, love or fear of the god, then out of fear for their lives at the hands of fanatics.
Barbarian Shaman and Warriors can choose to worship Mithaniel Marr. Mithaniel Marr was unwilling to abandon all of the noble barbarians that served the good, and many declared themselves in favor of an alliance with Good.
Monks will be able to worship Veeshan. The Temple in Qeynos has discovered some ancient writings that opened up new avenues.
We will be including a method for the Good and Neutral teams to use Summon Corpse or something similar.

i kinda like the softcoding for neutral/good and hardcoding for evil idea, as on live evil team ran the server.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:38 AM
Large Bat

I hope it's a PVE server that goes beyond velious. Maybe something with rotating zems or slightly increased loot.

After spending enough time on blue and green, another velious locked server doesn't appeal to me personally.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Hoping for Luclin is the only take more deluded than hoping for a new red.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so a dwarf on elf action would leave the human picking who to toss a heal to.
At first, I misread your post and thought you were talking about a mechanic where a ranged character shooting into combat (or in this case, healing) could miss, and accidentally hit the person they're fighting with instead.

While that would probably be hard to implement, I think it would be awesome if your human was trying to heal their dwarf ally, but because of an unlucky roll they could somehow miss and accidentally heal the elf enemy instead. And if you made the miss chance increase based on how far away the caster was, this could even be a solution to OOR healers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-17-2023, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At first, I misread your post and thought you were talking about a mechanic where a ranged character shooting into combat (or in this case, healing) could miss, and accidentally hit the person they're fighting with instead.

While that would probably be hard to implement, I think it would be awesome if your human was trying to heal their dwarf ally, but because of an unlucky roll they could somehow miss and accidentally heal the elf enemy instead. And if you made the miss chance increase based on how far away the caster was, this could even be a solution to OOR healers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mage bolt heals?
Old 02-17-2023, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

anyone who plays pvp knows that the only pvp "encounter" is beastagores face 1 inch from yours as you try to not die.
Old 02-17-2023, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mage bolt heals?
Conceptually yes! Although, I'd imagine it might be easier to practically implement it without literally making heals a bolt (and instead just add a random chance, based on how far you are away, to hit/heal someone near the target instead).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-17-2023, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Archery and bolts can hit wrong targets, right? It’s a good way to score double damage bow hits while in melee range on ranger.

Just do bolts which heal on impact instead of damage.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung