Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default The death of the rotation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

---------------------Revised proposal after 7 of 10 guilds said no--------------

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the death of the player made rotation. For those that do not fully understand why these terms were unacceptable: Gorenaire and Talendor are the two hardest encounters outside of VP. To enter "tier 2" you must solo kill Talendor at any time of day which then grants you access to kill Dracoliche, Maestro and Faydedar. To enter "tier 3" (access to every epic in the game) you must solo kill Gorenaire at any time of day which then grants you access to the remaining gods and dragons (all of the loot worth actually going for). What this does is create two impossible entry points for any guilds that wish to join the rotation in the future as well as knocking 7 of the long term rotation member guilds out of contention for Venril Sathir, Innoruuk, Cazic Thule, Trakanon and Severilous. The terms in both proposals are unacceptable to the representatives of the 7 class R guilds who are not BDA, Taken and Divinity.

The reason I have brought this to raid discussion is to eliminate the rampant misinformation that surrounds any big change in this servers politics. Our guilds did not simply decide the rotation would no longer continue, we tried very hard to reason with the other 3 guilds and they simply would not yield as you can see by the second proposal being even more of a joke than the first. These proposals were very clearly designed to force the dissolution of the rotation.

The p99 rotation was player made and has been player dissolved. We had a good run and in my opinion it has been the healthiest time in this servers history.
Last edited by Pint; 01-29-2015 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Well AG is mulling the V2 proposal, but if all the guilds that ally up to kill mobs are going to disagree then I guess y'all would rather have full FFA in class R as opposed to tighter controls. Your call really.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well AG is mulling the V2 proposal, but if all the guilds that ally up to kill mobs are going to disagree then I guess y'all would rather have full FFA in class R as opposed to tighter controls. Your call really.
You need to have a little more respect for your peers and own your decisions.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Orc

This is wildly exciting. Those rotation guidelines are totally unacceptable and favor the top guilds in the rotation.

Want to take on the rotation overlords? Join up with Doljonijiarnimorinar.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Orc

When you need a lawyer to understand the rules of engagement, there are obvious signs of overreach and favoritism. That rotation guideline is living proof the rotation is nothing more than a PR move to favor the bigger guilds and to stunt the growth of everyone else. If the rotation were to die today, who benefits the most?

Strong arming at its finest.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to have a little more respect for your peers and own your decisions.
Let's not turn Raid Discussion into an RnF thread.

BDA, who has remained neutral on almost every single front and concern inside Class R (and when not neutral, has sided with the majority or the smaller guilds) has brought forward some change.

This is the first iteration where change has been proposed and backed by BDA that has anything but a net positive impact to the smaller guilds, and net negative to the bigger guilds. The funny thing is, that net negative impact impacts every guild in the rotation.
  1. Accountability - when you're up for a mob, you kill it, with something resembling a sense of urgency (60 minutes on most, 90 on CT)
  2. Commitment - if you ally on one mob, ally on them all. Don't water down lists with splits on some, teams on another.
  3. Progression - it already occurs naturally, as guilds grow...why not build the structure around it?

We all will have to be more sharp on our toes, due to the shorter engages and 100% full raid window accountability for the solo guild or your alliance occupying that slot. It's a uniform policy that applies to all guilds in the rotation, not targeted at one guild.

We believe it's fair that if you ally on raid content, ally on all of it in a rotation system. Once again, a decision that each guild makes when they enter the rotation - team up, go solo, etc. BDA's not force feeding your choices to you.

What you do as a guild on FFA mobs is up to you, the buddy system wouldn't apply in an FFA situation (both on Class R FFA and on Server FFA)
Old 01-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I want to argue with you two but I think its clear enough that you'll do the most damage to yourselves if we just let you continue trying to push the idea that progression involves jumping from naggy and vox to talendor so that you can then kill draco and maestro.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Orc

Good luck to the members of Azure Guard, Asgard, Indigntion, Divinity, A-team, and whoever else I missed. You will either be strong armed into agreeing to whatever terms Taken and BDA give you, or put in a position you are completely unprepared for.

Not here to troll. I have only been stating this for a year. Those rules should be summed up in one simple paragraph. Not tailored to benefit a certain few.

Vox and Nagafen to Talendor? LOLOLOLOL
Old 01-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Orc

Order of difficulty pertaining to level, and the least amount of players needed to kill target. (no racing involved). Let me remind folks that classic targets are meant for level 50s. This list can certainly be argued, but its definitely close.

Classic

1. Maestro (classic target)
2. Dracoliche (classic target)
3. Innoruuk (DPS fight due to DT and a classic target)
4. Cazic Thule (DPS fight due to DT and a classic target)
5. Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen (how many small guilds have alts prepared to do this? They are the most difficult for new guilds to attempt out of all classic targets due to level restrictions)

Kunark

6. Faydedar (Need 60s to resist AE)
7. Venril Sathir (Need enchanters and solid DPS)
8. Sev (Need plenty of 60s to resist AE)
9. Talendor (Need plenty of 60s to resist AE)
10. Trakanon (Need plenty of 60s to resist AE)
10. Gorenaire (Hardest Kunark target outside of VP)

So let me get this straight. In order to move up to kill the good loot mobs (which are easier) you have to kill one of the hardest Kunark Dragons in the game? Also in order to even get that far you have to have and alt army prepared enough to kill Vox and Nagafen when its easier to kill ANY classic target over those 2 due to level restrictions?

Yikes.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
We had a good run and in my opinion it has been the healthiest time in this servers history.
I completely agree with this.