Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Default Earthshaker?

Just picked one of these up, kind of purchased on a whim since it was a good price. My SK usually rolls with the Ebon Mace/atramentous shield combo. I just wanted to have a 2hs for those situations where I wasn't main tank and needing maximum AC. Ratio is 37/70 with plus 6 str and plus 6 sta - 5 dex. Procs earthquake which is 246 damage.

My 2hs skill is terrible right now, but even with that being said this weapon seems pretty awesome for DPS (as a SK of course) considering the proc is 246 damage and double hitting for 100+. Just wondering why I have almost never seen anyone else using this weapon, it is definitely slow but with dex buffs/haste (which is usually available in a grp) it seems pretty baller.

Is this a good solution going forward for 2hs DPS or should I consider alternatives? I'm not loaded with PP (FYI) but wondering if there is any better options in similar price range 3k-5k ish.

Damienz - 60 wizard
Old 09-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

It's a AoE weapon. Anyone trying to CC will hate you for using it. It's very situation if that. More just a toy since we will never have AA's from luclin that warriors used to rip shit up with it.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

shakerpaging! wtb rampage aa
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 09-19-2014 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

37/70 is a pretty awful ratio, and there are very few situations where you can safely proc on enough mobs to overcome the weakness of the weapon itself. Outside of those exceptions, it's a toy.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shakerpaging! wtb rampage aa
This. Shakerpaging was a glorious player invention. Though it was deemed an exploit and later fixed... It was pretty awesome to see in action.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Aviak

As others have said, the AE proc can be a nightmare in most situations.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Argent_Defender
http://wiki.project1999.com/Arbitor%...ine_Greatsword
http://wiki.project1999.com/Zealot%2...arnadine_Sword

All three of those have a better ratio than an Earthshaker; Zealot's is the most expensive at around $2k, but it comes with a tap over time proc. I wouldn't rely on having a procing weap for it to be reliable dps, but I haven't played a tank class in years so I could be way off.

Good luck!
Last edited by BrendockMerryfoot; 09-19-2014 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Old 09-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Add Green Jade Halberd and Deathbringer's Rod.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Banned

it's a terrible weapon for straight out DPS.

That being said, it's also one of the coolest weapons available. I have used it tons AEing low level zones for faction or w/e (Sarnak fortress, Runnyeye, CB)
Old 09-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

The point of the bad ratio is it increases the chance of the proc per swing. Specifically its large delay does. Proc rates are measured in procs per minute. The faster you swing the more swings per minute and the less chance of a proc per swing. Ye olde shakerpage formula was for you to take off all your haste items and duel a shaman and get slowed. This meant that you had almost 1 /4 chance to proc per swing given how slow you were now swinging a 70 delay weapon. Combine that with rampaging at 40+ targets at once and we get about 10 procs per swing, that is 2,500 damage, double attack and its 5k, triple (warrior with aa remember) and you had 7.5k. More mobs = more damage.

Win, collect AA, wait for respawns and AA to refresh.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmarnieh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
triple (warrior with aa remember) and you had 7.5k.
Warriors have triple attack now!