Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-17-2023, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

Default Fun necro clickies and their utility

I’m really enjoying my baby necro. I got him a prenerf CoS and a Zheart, but I was wondering about the various other clickies available, either raid loot or droppables. As far as I know, only really the VP staff is notoriously good.

There’s the velketor bracelet which seems to be not liked very much despite being a better jbb, is that because necros get so much free mana?

The fear staff from xalgoz seems rather meh. I don’t think fear is used much when charm killing, right?

And the third other big item I know of is the necro epic, but it looks rather underwhelming, staff of the silent star has better stats, but the clicky looks useful at least.

I like charming a lot (necro instead of enchanter because iksar master race), any clickies aimed at the charming lifestyle that might not be well known?
Old 10-17-2023, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

Some other good clickies to add to your list: Dain 10 ring, Manna Robe, Holgresh Elder Beads, raider skullcap, Robe of Adversity, Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia, and maybe a Crown of Rile. Oh and don't forget a small stockpile of wort pots. They can be damn handy in a bad situation.

Two quick comments: I agree about the Fear Staff, especially for charming, but it has its uses. It has a longer cast time but has an opportunity cost of only 20 mana. Also not needing to memorize Invoke Fear when it's needed is absolutely wonderful.

Necro epic has been a lot more fun now that darkness can stack with roots. While your charm pet is fighting something, you can epic click it after rooting it, that way if charm and roots breaks at the same time, one of them will be snared. Also when you pair it with VP staff, you're looking at ~2k damage without any upfront mana cost and only a minimal opportunity cost. That's not bad if you ever need to finish something off and you don't want to waste mana. Also, like with the fear staff: not needing to mem a darkness spell again is fantastic.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 10-17-2023 at 07:48 AM..
Old 10-17-2023, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Ring 10
Either VP staff
Crown of hatred+bracer of the hidden so your pet can take a dispel.
Nex Robe + velious pants. Saves memming shit.
A lot of wort pots. Shit happens.
Mallet for a weak slow.

Delete button. Class is all but trash except for pet walking and summoning corpses.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ring 10
Either VP staff
Crown of hatred+bracer of the hidden so your pet can take a dispel.
Nex Robe + velious pants. Saves memming shit.
A lot of wort pots. Shit happens.
Mallet for a weak slow.

Delete button. Class is all but trash except for pet walking and summoning corpses.
^

roll a chanter, gl
Old 10-17-2023, 09:10 AM
Banned

Necro clicky fear staff.. used in neriak on trolls and ogres from 53+-60... Fear forever pet dots zzzzz was in trash gear. Weird buggy pathing, was a snooze grind.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Soul Well Staff. To get it you have to get a VP key. Is it worth it? Yes if you really love necro.
Another option is Bone Ring of Condemnation from Velketor. Either the staff or bone ring pair well with Holgresh Beads.

Seriously, try enchanter if you like charm. Hell, even druid. I have a 60 necro and 58 enchanter, 56 druid. I was team Necro is better at charming until late 50s. Enchanter can do so much more than necro with AE Mez, AE Stun, Pacify.
the ONE area Necro does better than Enchanter charming is feigning to mem blur pet. (Paci pet, then feign death and pet forgets about you) It's slightly better than guarding pet far away, invis, stun, and mez/mem blur routine for enchanter.

But everything else, enchanter is much more fun, and versatile charming.

Druid get some of the best charm clickies. Snare shield, Heal Legs/Robe, Regen BP, Thorns Gloves.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

I’m leveling a chanter too, but I prefer the necro’s aesthetics, want to play an iksar, and am annoyed with having to recast the iksar illusion. I’m aware enchanters are stronger and better at charming, but I want to play a necro. Thanks for all the suggestions guys but I just want to work on this next fun leveling project, no need to win anything or be the best at anything.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

Oh yeah and I have beads and heard they’re fun on necro with vp staff that’s also why. Don’t worry guys I’ll work on the server’s 10000th enchanter too
Old 10-17-2023, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

This isn't a clickie:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Boneshear - but this can be good if you are lazy about buying bonechips in EC.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:07 PM
Orc

After Z heart / CoS its basically Ring 10 and VP Staff for big ticket items (beads ofc too).

The VP staff is the true necro epic.