Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-11-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played eqmac and blur did occur after mezzing mobs, certain spells had a higher chance than others.

it takes about 20 seconds to find posts from enchanters in 2000-2002 time frame describing mobs membluring after a mez.

how do u increase something if it did not exist?

March 19, 2002
** Patch Information ***
- Memory Blur, Mind Wipe, Blanket of Forgetfulness, Memory Flux,
Glamour of Kintaz and Rapture have been given a greater chance of
clearing the 'hate list'

This post being from 2002 is kind of proving my point.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that were the case warriors literally could never be healed by a CH chain.
How do you figure? First of all, being out of range is 30% less aggro. Secondly, CH is about one every 15-20 sec, and averages 2.5k I'd say. Do your tanks not do 2500 (-30%) aggro in 15-20 seconds? White threat ALONE should cover that.

And yes, aggro pulling WAS an issue on AoW late in the fight.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on live that is why proximity factors into agro mechanics. also why tanks have the ability to taunt and have pure hate agro increasers. my wizard could regularly run 130% of MT hate and not pull agro. same principle applies to hate generated from healing, one point hate for every point healed(over healing is not calculated).

the calculation of hate generated thru meelee is based on every swing on the values inherit to the weapons used and procs. it is not based on the damage done.
Taunt? Lol i guess you have never played a warrior
Old 03-12-2022, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you figure? First of all, being out of range is 30% less aggro. Secondly, CH is about one every 15-20 sec, and averages 2.5k I'd say. Do your tanks not do 2500 (-30%) aggro in 15-20 seconds? White threat ALONE should cover that.

And yes, aggro pulling WAS an issue on AoW late in the fight.
I have 6300 hp and i get 4-5k+ heals all the time during CH chains. If that was 5k aggro every heal then every cleric would be dead on every hard mob in the game.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know what the aggro mechanics were but I know P99 isn't accurate. Aggro here is a joke.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it's about raiding on Green during the progression.
You seem to be assuming that Green is going to actually wipe and reset on some kind of regular basis and won't end up being Blue-lite for very extended periods of time. I think this is EXTREMELY likely to be false.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 6300 hp and i get 4-5k+ heals all the time during CH chains. If that was 5k aggro every heal then every cleric would be dead on every hard mob in the game.
Dude, they aren't all from the same Cleric.

First of all, if they're out of melee range it's 30% less.

Even if EVERY CH in a 10 man chain is for 5k, that's 3500 every 30 seconds on 3s chain. Even if you didn't proc a single time, white aggro alone in 30 seconds should be about triple that. Add in procs and yeah.

And on live, aggro WAS a problem on long fights. We used to CotH clerics after a few tank swaps. Sitting down was dangerous too. Sit aggro is obviously non-classic here.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Healing aggro is discussed here.

"Yes, healing is one for one, *however*-
Healing requires an intelligence check on the part of the mob to notice it at all.
"(Note that some mobs are coded to have a hate modifier regarding heals, but these inconsistent in the game world and not something you normally need to worry about)" was written for tanks- obviously, it is more pertinent for priests.
Some mob types are less likely to notice a heal- this includes golems, clockwork, and undead.
The easiest way to demonstrate this is to watch your "in/out of combat" box. Even with zero Spell Casting Subtlety, sometimes, you will not be put in combat for casting a heal. This was because the mob didn't notice you.
Group heals are far more likely to be noticed, and generate more hate in general, because it forces a check for every person or pet that it hits, which can be anything from one (if you're using it while soloing for some reason or other), up to twelve (if you have a full group with pets) or more. Splash has a fixed hate amount so that you don't implode using it, but it too, is near impossible to stay off aggro using, due to the number of checks."

Of course, the most non-classic aggro mechanic on p99 is w/r/t Undead. On live classic, undead attacked the closest person. Period.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healing aggro is discussed here.

"Yes, healing is one for one, *however*-
Healing requires an intelligence check on the part of the mob to notice it at all.
"(Note that some mobs are coded to have a hate modifier regarding heals, but these inconsistent in the game world and not something you normally need to worry about)" was written for tanks- obviously, it is more pertinent for priests.
Some mob types are less likely to notice a heal- this includes golems, clockwork, and undead.
The easiest way to demonstrate this is to watch your "in/out of combat" box. Even with zero Spell Casting Subtlety, sometimes, you will not be put in combat for casting a heal. This was because the mob didn't notice you.
Group heals are far more likely to be noticed, and generate more hate in general, because it forces a check for every person or pet that it hits, which can be anything from one (if you're using it while soloing for some reason or other), up to twelve (if you have a full group with pets) or more. Splash has a fixed hate amount so that you don't implode using it, but it too, is near impossible to stay off aggro using, due to the number of checks."

Of course, the most non-classic aggro mechanic on p99 is w/r/t Undead. On live classic, undead attacked the closest person. Period.
That's a cool find. It's out of era, though. Keep looking.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, was healing aggro being 1:1 ever contested? Was heals being "noticed" ever contested? I thought this was along the lines of the busted NPC melee or charm mechanics here, just things we accept are broken by choice.

AoW should attack 2.5 times per round, here every raid mob quads every round, and does not take equipped weapons delay into account. It's so far from classic that EQEmu base build is far more classic than p99 at this point.

Same with charm. Give your pet a Torch at any time period in live or EQEmu's existance, and it prevents quads. Here, it guarantees them. Has anyone ever suggested this ISNT broken?

I figured heal aggro was like that. No one really thinks heals did no aggro, right?