Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-10-2023, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2x dmg +11 / Delay for mainhand ratio. 30 +11 /21. 1.95 ratio. its ok but kriezen flame for instance is 2.05, baton around that too.

cek sword out dps it usually with proper gear out tho.
Those are sweet weapons. They seem close enough a wash.

Seems the db just wins the kreizenns over.

So you're saying I should delevel to 4 to get max value out of it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-10-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are sweet weapons. They seem close enough a wash.

Seems the db just wins the kreizenns over.

So you're saying I should delevel to 4 to get max value out of it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cecily made a list of weapons previously , pretty much top end tov is around 2.0 or better (you want higher) thats why tunare is worse tech. I really enjoy 2h tho, even before the patch to give it damage bonus it was parsing higher for me then 1h.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cecily made a list of weapons previously , pretty much top end tov is around 2.0 or better (you want higher) thats why tunare is worse tech. I really enjoy 2h tho, even before the patch to give it damage bonus it was parsing higher for me then 1h.
But is monk bis still gharns / fon?

Figured top 1 hander applying dmg bonus would be better on the high end raid targets.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But is monk bis still gharns / fon?

Figured top 1 hander applying dmg bonus would be better on the high end raid targets.
i think top 1h for monk edges abashi, id rather still have abashi for similar dps +utility tho. Also some raid mobs have higher AC then others, i parsed near rogue with cek sword (parse earlier in thread) on aary, but KT i swapped to 1h cause it was worse.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

I'm rocking Baton + Kreizen + Yeli neck on Green. I think it's good. The machine gun lure 100 DD procs make me happy.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

All these high end combos should be close. Fights and buffs vary. Even if we try to be objective we tend to favor the ones we did well on vs the ones we didn’t. I’ve been out damaged by a SBOZ.

Now if most raid fights were 30 minutes the scatter would smooth out and it would be easier to see trends. Until then it’s napkin math and trying to get the best you can and enjoying what you have.

I don’t think a Tunare whip is bad at all. It’s +8dps if the dot is rolling. It’s not a BoF (11% worse ratio, MH) but it’s at least putting up solid numbers.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-11-2023 at 12:43 AM..
Old 01-11-2023, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

I logged in to test it out. Was parked in Feerrott. Pulled Cynthia with nullify and she melted.

Found dark assassin, he was a but trickier. Had to root, heal up and switch to epic to land slow as he was beating me on %hp caused. After slow landed the whip caked him. The whip blew earth caller out the water and while not the stat pad of earthcaller didn’t feel like I lost too much stats by using it.

Maybe i’ll get a kreizenn or 2h in the future, but atm haste is provided by swiftwind. A bunch of ltk and hot gear seems to make my ranger capable enough at content I like to do with him. Having a full ntov, etc geared ranger must be pretty amazing!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-11-2023, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I logged in to test it out. Was parked in Feerrott. Pulled Cynthia with nullify and she melted.

Found dark assassin, he was a but trickier. Had to root, heal up and switch to epic to land slow as he was beating me on %hp caused. After slow landed the whip caked him. The whip blew earth caller out the water and while not the stat pad of earthcaller didn’t feel like I lost too much stats by using it.

Maybe i’ll get a kreizenn or 2h in the future, but atm haste is provided by swiftwind. A bunch of ltk and hot gear seems to make my ranger capable enough at content I like to do with him. Having a full ntov, etc geared ranger must be pretty amazing!
dont get me wrong that weapon is amazing and better then most would get, i was speaking strictly for number crunching so youd have a bracketed idea of where it ranks since ya ask. 1h is much easier to gear for, the attack and 40% haste of swiftwind makes life a lot easier to gear for, i personally like 2h but it does take lot more to do. Swiftwind is like 20k and bam you got an amazing offhand to cover forever. earthcaller is niche and used in places where theres no slower or need try early slow something otherwise when you are grinding its not worth praying for the proc. i always found it liked to proc when grinding when it didnt matter at end of fights.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

basically just log on a cleric bot your guild needs you
Old 01-11-2023, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

DW is a bit easier with quick-swapping too. You can hover a tash stick, earthcaller or main weapon (and a BFG if you have it) depending on what you need.

EC loses less dps than a Swarmcaller. Swapping out from BFG to 2h is more clicks. It’s still totally viable and isn’t a test of reflexes, it’s just more work and a bit slower. The advantage to rolling around with a 2h is an easy swap to like an Earthshaker for bowing down Glimmers if you are feeling lazy.