Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-16-2023, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cons: a lotta boxing

Isn’t there a lot of boxing still going on live?

Now, granted, I had a good amount of fun running a 2box duo there, but remember seeing quite a lot of box army groups running around with multiple chars and mercs on autofollow
Meh, got used to it from my time on P99. It's not like there isn't a lot of boxing on this server with extra steps, with all the cleric bots on different accounts and such. I genuinely felt like I was the only one here who ever ate their exp deaths. But I feel no need to box on live, a cleric mercenary for my ranger is more than enough.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live is the way to go, honestly. I've been having a blast. Gotten to do so much more than I ever would have been allowed to on P99.

Pros
-Game is actually complete, things are as they are meant to be. Factions work, quests work, etc.
-Far more agency in customizing your character. You can look like how you want to look.
-So much more to explore and experience. Plus stuff isn't camped 24/7, you can count on being able to do what you set out to do.
-Got more gameplay options when you can simply hire a friend to go hunt or quest with. No getting disappointed by people letting you down, like a guild saying they will help you and then ignoring you after you've spent hours collecting all the quest items to turn in to start a fight.
-Plenty of good and accessible gear, can kit yourself out as much or as little as you want.
-All class choices are viable. No more shame or ridicule in playing a wizard or ranger.
-Agents of Change mean that the server content can't be gatekept by one or two elitist guilds. I killed Nagafen recently and earned an epic, and no good guy or kingdom castle dweller was there to tell me otherwise.
-Tradeskill UI is just amazing. No more aching wrists.

Cons
-Freeport looks kinda strange now, I guess.

I don't see why more people don't just play live.
If TLP live were free, you'd better believe I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I don't think the game is worth $15 a month, though.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's pretty much where I am at. That and the fact they just churn servers every year and none of them really last that long.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yep I play on Bristlebane. TLPs are their own evil and I want nothing to do with them.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Orc

What about PEQ The Grand Creation? No one interested in that? I recall a few years back, that is where all the population was. I mean if you interested in more content and don't want to spend $15 a month, there is that option.

Am I missing something about The Grand Creation? I played on it, again, some years back, and had no issued that stand out. I thought about going to it now, but see the population is pretty low.

So that means no groups and no raids, just solo content. Then again, grouping on Green, other than in your teens in Oasis is relatively nonexistent too.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:55 AM
Orc

Someone floated an idea about mobs dropping random loot which could be anything (based on level) which I thought was interesting. It would discourage camping and make all zones viable. For example any mob in say Lguk can drop a FBSS etc.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone floated an idea about mobs dropping random loot which could be anything (based on level) which I thought was interesting. It would discourage camping and make all zones viable. For example any mob in say Lguk can drop a FBSS etc.
That's what they did on Mischief and Thornblade Live TLP servers.