Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-23-2023, 06:35 AM
Kobold

Default Cognitive dissonance

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time.

"I want to be my own person, do what I want to do with no regrets."

"I regret that I am unable to keep up with the Jones's."
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 02-25-2023, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

You guys get what you need out of this thread? I'm glad I could help you all feel superior.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys get what you need out of this thread? I'm glad I could help you all feel superior.
Not feeling superior, you are endearing because you are open and honest with mistakes or flaws many of us also have at some times.

It’s not really our place to armchair psychologist or give unsolicited advice but we try to help. And yea, some of us are dicks. Especially me sometimes. Sorry about that!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-26-2023, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the 50s right now and I'm trying to improve my wizard as best I can on my own. I don't really have any friends, and I've gone through 3 guilds trying to find a real home with no luck.

Right now my game time consists of either killing OOT sisters and WK/QH guards for money, and the occasional quadding session in CS for exp. Money is coming slowly and steadily, but it'll probably be many months of work before I can afford any single decent item.

In the meantime I'd love to know if there are any good items I can quest or camp for as a solo 50ish wizard. I had recently gotten shawl 4 and the Seal of Thoridain, though I don't think I will really be able to go further as shawl 5 pieces can only be acquired in Velks. Any suggestions on things I can go for?
Camp PS+RS and sell the MQ for around 35k.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
In the 50s right now and I'm trying to improve my wizard as best I can on my own. I don't really have any friends, and I've gone through 3 guilds trying to find a real home with no luck.

Right now my game time consists of either killing OOT sisters and WK/QH guards for money, and the occasional quadding session in CS for exp. Money is coming slowly and steadily, but it'll probably be many months of work before I can afford any single decent item.

In the meantime I'd love to know if there are any good items I can quest or camp for as a solo 50ish wizard. I had recently gotten shawl 4 and the Seal of Thoridain, though I don't think I will really be able to go further as shawl 5 pieces can only be acquired in Velks. Any suggestions on things I can go for?
Make a magelo with your gear, easier to suggest upgrades if we know what you’re using now
Old 02-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry about that!
it's fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a magelo with your gear, easier to suggest upgrades if we know what you’re using now
Sure, here you are.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Tadkinswizard
Old 02-27-2023, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

I suggest replacing one of you gcb with a ring of the ancients just to flex.

Thats some pretty cool gear.

Keep quadding them swans and stuff.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-27-2023, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest replacing one of you gcb with a ring of the ancients just to flex.

Thats some pretty cool gear.

Keep quadding them swans and stuff.
One is a golden bracer to offset some of the strength hit from the SolRo rings.

But yep that gear lineup only proves I'm good at mindlessly quadding guards for hours on end.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:14 PM
Aviak

You have pretty decent gear.
If i were you i’d swap out some int gear for raw hp/mana gear, pretty low return on int after 200 and i’d try to save up for a choker of the wretched for the mana regen (or keep at it for the final shawl)
Old 02-28-2023, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Nice gear set up man! Some suggestions I see off the bat, you could get a https://wiki.project1999.com/Black_S...elium_Necklace this would be a big upgrade.

I would also consider replacing both earrings with https://wiki.project1999.com/Golden_...pphire_Earring. You would lose some int but gain a lot of hp/mana.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Squallsurge_Shawl would be another easy upgrade.

You could also buy a https://wiki.project1999.com/Rokyls_Channeling_Crystal for your offhand.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crimson_Robe_of_Alendine is pricey but a big upgrade.

All of this is stuff you can buy pretty easily if you grind the plat out.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>