Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was intentional. Riot made it right thankfully but then posted a really strange petition after that.

I don't understand your let it burn comment. What is it that we're doing that gives you this impression?
Just look at the attitude and style of speech of your leadership. It's awful. I like how Detoxx gets bogged down on the one issue of unfair play and ignores all the other more important criticisms I raised. The issues on the server and in FRAG go way deeper.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was intentional. Riot made it right thankfully but then posted a really strange petition after that.

I don't understand your let it burn comment. What is it that we're doing that gives you this impression?
What was strange about the Riot petition?

AG/F failed to tag Guardian Takish for 26 seconds, meaning that Takish wasn't brought into camp until 1:07, nearly 50 seconds after he should have been in camp. What is this new precedent that only time moving away from camp counts toward a kite's timer? Do we just ignore the other half of that equation? Time not in camp is time not in camp.

In the AG/F response to the "strange" Riot petition, they granted themselves an four seconds of leeway by pretending that their raid was not on top of the hill and that the kite timer only counted as Guardian Takish ran past the zone-in rings--not as he turned left away from the raid. Even granting yourselves these four seconds, you're looking at 45 seconds that Takish should have been in your camp and wasn't.

If AG/F want to apply their new "a kite is only time moving away from camp" precedent AND grant themselves an extra four seconds, you're still looking at 22 seconds which is still greater than the 18-second "DA" precedent that has been sacrosanct on this server for years. AG/F are claiming "no harm, no foul" here by applying their other new precedent by saying, "well, actually, if you get a good server tick, a DA can be 23 seconds!"

Also, as far as the Dica train is concerned, Dica agros a horse at 0:41--Dica did not zone into the Plane of Growth until after Guardian Takish had been FTEd, meaning that AG/F either failed to properly start a kite (it seems AG/F bards only moved toward Guardian Takish and no one was working on a zone-in kite to allow the raid to safely zone in--the exact same reason that a handful of horses head straight to your camp after Dica dies because they had agro from zoning in into horses) or a kite was dropped near zone-in because AG/F had a presence in the zone for at least 1:30 by the time that horse agros Dica.

And while it's true that Dica did agro a horse upon zoning in because someone either failed to properly start a kite or dropped a kite, that singular horse was pulled off of Dica by an AG/F bard (seen at the 1:01 mark in Dica's fraps, "a rolling plains steed begins to chant"), brought into a kite, and was subsequently dropped without warning (the bard with that kite either died or capped out).

Have we reached the dystopian point of p99 where we just stop applying logic to things and say whatever feels good?
Old 01-29-2021, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by glerkywop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was strange about the Riot petition?

AG/F failed to tag Guardian Takish for 26 seconds, meaning that Takish wasn't brought into camp until 1:07, nearly 50 seconds after he should have been in camp. What is this new precedent that only time moving away from camp counts toward a kite's timer? Do we just ignore the other half of that equation? Time not in camp is time not in camp.

In the AG/F response to the "strange" Riot petition, they granted themselves an four seconds of leeway by pretending that their raid was not on top of the hill and that the kite timer only counted as Guardian Takish ran past the zone-in rings--not as he turned left away from the raid. Even granting yourselves these four seconds, you're looking at 45 seconds that Takish should have been in your camp and wasn't.

If AG/F want to apply their new "a kite is only time moving away from camp" precedent AND grant themselves an extra four seconds, you're still looking at 22 seconds which is still greater than the 18-second "DA" precedent that has been sacrosanct on this server for years. AG/F are claiming "no harm, no foul" here by applying their other new precedent by saying, "well, actually, if you get a good server tick, a DA can be 23 seconds!"

Also, as far as the Dica train is concerned, Dica agros a horse at 0:41--Dica did not zone into the Plane of Growth until after Guardian Takish had been FTEd, meaning that AG/F either failed to properly start a kite (it seems AG/F bards only moved toward Guardian Takish and no one was working on a zone-in kite to allow the raid to safely zone in--the exact same reason that a handful of horses head straight to your camp after Dica dies because they had agro from zoning in into horses) or a kite was dropped near zone-in because AG/F had a presence in the zone for at least 1:30 by the time that horse agros Dica.

And while it's true that Dica did agro a horse upon zoning in because someone either failed to properly start a kite or dropped a kite, that singular horse was pulled off of Dica by an AG/F bard (seen at the 1:01 mark in Dica's fraps, "a rolling plains steed begins to chant"), brought into a kite, and was subsequently dropped without warning (the bard with that kite either died or capped out).

Have we reached the dystopian point of p99 where we just stop applying logic to things and say whatever feels good?
Rofl. Here, let me show you how brainwashed you are:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210129-061436_Docs.jpg (85.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-29-2021, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Awful lot of words for an awful lot of wrong there pal.

2 paragraphs of how a stall is not only going away from camp
1 paragraph defending Dica for training after conceding 2 Tunares for Dica training.

Ouch
Old 01-29-2021, 08:16 AM
Orc

Are you a goldfish? What you say looks good when taken out of context, but let's add some context, shall we?

This is a quote lifted from the first long-form petitionquest injunction, submitted by AG/Freedom.

Quote:
While Riot may argue that stalling is only the time that the mob is moving away from their raid’s camp and not the time it takes for the mob to return to its position before it was displaced, we believe that to be a self-evident misinterpretation. If the mob’s trajectory is going to deliver the mob into the camp at 00:20, but on its route it is intercepted and pulled in the opposite direction for 10 seconds, the mob will not arrive into camp at 00:30. The mob will have to double back and arrive at 00:40. Those actions for 10 seconds cause a stall of 20 seconds, and depending on which actions or paths a player takes, the mobs can be effectively stalled for much longer than the time it was simply “brought away.”
Are you now saying you now disagree with your alliance's own position because it benefits you in this case?

In the petition you're likely referencing, Riot was defending itself using Monrezz's (a leader of the AG/F alliance, if I'm not mistaken) words when filing their rebuttal (with regards to the duration of a DA):
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

aaaaand once again using Daewens's (a leader of the AG/F alliance, if I'm not mistaken) words when filing their rebuttal (with regards to "what constitutes a stall"):
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Riot was using AG/F's own words against them.

Sure you'll start to argue that these "precedents" were not set by AG/F, as they predate Freedom's formation and the AG/F alliance, but they were "set" by leadership of both guilds.

Do you expect precedent to not cut both ways? Does precedent only matter when it supports you?

Please show me where in my post I "defended" Dica's train. I simply added context to the situation because the troll's "RIOT BULLIES ANNIHILATE AG/F WITH TRAIN!" narrative is, quite frankly, boring.

I was merely highlighting the fact that the situation in Growth was a bit more complicated than your ghouls would like people to believe. Riot took the high road and conceded to avoid the headache of more petitions, a decision that I don't particularly agree with, given that Dica was just a small cog in the machine of what inevitably unfolded.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]etoxx

Is this legit? How is it after 6 years Detoxx isn't BIS? I mean, these stats are arguably closer to poor old Sakuragi (-700 HP after shaman stamina) than Alde (+400 HP, +200 AC, and yes AC matters). Did you go Monk or something?
Old 01-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]etoxx

Is this legit? How is it after 6 years Detoxx isn't BIS? I mean, these stats are arguably closer to poor old Sakuragi (-700 HP after shaman stamina) than Alde (+400 HP, +200 AC, and yes AC matters). Did you go Monk or something?
Magelo tends to underreport HP and overreport mana. At least for my profile as Cleric
Old 01-29-2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

Agi helps even out dmg spikes. Ill never understand ppl who all in sta/hp for basically two hits worth.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:43 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you forget that Detoxx spent most of the last 2 years losing. a lot.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fucking YIKES at the effort put into the elf court proceedings happening in here and off forums lolol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P99 was a mistake.
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Closed Thread