Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I founded AM and I didn't get 150dkp, where do I channel my feels
If that name was your idea, you owe so many people apologies.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whataboutism. Riot being scummy or bad at times doesn't make FRAG any less so. I don't think highly of Riot for reasons stated elsewhere.

AM was warned by Rogean for the exact same exploit in 2018, dropping a kite in the corner of POG to glitch the Tunare call mechanic. Semantics of how he worded the warning are less relevant. But hey if the exploit is legal now then that's another issue, the rules should be known to all.
Wrong again. Read the post. In AM we pumped a ton of aggro into Tunare to the point where the tank would never be able to catch up therefore keeping the kite on the bard. That was against the rules as exampled when he says:

Quote:
Kiting mobs while killing tunare is unintended as the script is suppose to pull all mobs to the highest on Tunare's hate list. There's currently an aspect of this that is not functioning correctly. Until the fix is patched, please do not attempt to kite zone trash while engaging Tunare.

Guilds that have done this up until this point will not be disciplined.
We do not kite while its engaged.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is semantics and you know it. You're circumventing the mechanic. This explanation is the equivalent of a child sticking their finger in their siblings face while shouting at them "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!!!". It violates the spirit of the mechanic/engage.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

AM was warned after a kill where the kite was dropped in a corner, not the one where Kelzaraz had more aggro and dropped the kite 2 minutes into Tunare fight. Come on Detoxx I was present for both...

Anyways if you got a friendly GM that's nice and all. Winning is pretty hollow when you don't have to follow the rules others do. Of course, it's all not really even about winning as I learned later. I would have steered clear of both guilds
Old 01-28-2021, 08:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surely this begs the question: what do you consider "engaged?" Is an agroed, rooted mob not engaged in your opinion?
Old 01-28-2021, 08:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM was warned after a kill where the kite was dropped in a corner, not the one where Kelzaraz had more aggro and dropped the kite 2 minutes into Tunare fight. Come on Detoxx I was present for both...

Anyways if you got a friendly GM that's nice and all. Winning is pretty hollow when you don't have to follow the rules others do. Of course, it's all not really even about winning as I learned later. I would have steered clear of both guilds
The “winning” part of Tunare happens with Takish, and we saw what happened there after FRAG won the FTE and had him in camp.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:51 PM
Banned

like 1000 kingdum dkps is worth like 0 seal teams dkp. none of their dkp is accured from killing dragons.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by glerkywop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surely this begs the question: what do you consider "engaged?" Is an agroed, rooted mob not engaged in your opinion?
By that logic we would need to consider orbing her without a tank on her to be a stall.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The “winning” part of Tunare happens with Takish, and we saw what happened there after FRAG won the FTE and had him in camp.
Yea I'm sure Dica intentionally desynced. As Naethyn put it FRAG would rather see the world burn. Literally driving away players like myself who didn't enjoy Riot's toxic culture.

It's a sad state of affairs that a bunch of mid 30 year olds can't compete with sportsmanship. That GMs need to police it all to make it enjoyable to play.

Like I said though its not about competing it's about revenge. Revenge over Riot being too righteous to allow ex-AM to apply. Which I didn't agree with either. Not allowing the guild to vote on who got in happened in AM too, so there is some irony there.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yea I'm sure Dica intentionally desynced. As Naethyn put it FRAG would rather see the world burn. Literally driving away players like myself who didn't enjoy Riot's toxic culture.

It's a sad state of affairs that a bunch of mid 30 year olds can't compete with sportsmanship. That GMs need to police it all to make it enjoyable to play.

Like I said though its not about competing it's about revenge. Revenge over Riot being too righteous to allow ex-AM to apply. Which I didn't agree with either. Not allowing the guild to vote on who got in happened in AM too, so there is some irony there.
Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was intentional. Riot made it right thankfully but then posted a really strange petition after that.

I don't understand your let it burn comment. What is it that we're doing that gives you this impression?