Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Orc

Default Raid guild that doesnt require vent

My friend was recently kicked out off a raiding guild because he wouldnt use vent. He is deaf but didnt want to make in issue about. Is there a raiding guild I can suggest for him so he can enjoy eq like everyone else who can hear.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Not making a big deal is different than explaining yourself.

"Hey guys, I'm deaf so there's no point in me downloading vent" = you probably stay in the guild, and someone is designated to explain important things to you via tells at any raids.

Not downloading vent + not saying anything = guild thinking you don't give a shit.

No guild, no matter how hardcore, has leaders that are big enough dicks to kick you (your friend) for being deaf.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't say no guild. There is always at least one asshole in any group.

No guild worth joining, though.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Aviak

I listen to vent during a raid, but Im not about to get a headset with a mic so I respond in guild chat and just let vent play in my speaker on my laptop
Old 01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't say no guild. There is always at least one asshole in any group.

No guild worth joining, though.
I said leaders. Of course there's shitbags in any group(guild). But I can promise you any guild with leaders that would ex-communicate deaf people isn't going to be successful
Old 01-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said leaders. Of course there's shitbags in any group(guild). But I can promise you any guild with leaders that would ex-communicate deaf people isn't going to be successful
i get your point. but realy...theres maybe 2 deaf people playing on p1999. i dont think them not being part of the raid is going to fuck it up.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Yeah you're missing my point.

I'm not saying guilds can't be successful without deaf people. That's pretty stupid that you even went there. I'm saying a LEADER that can't even work with his guild well enough to figure out if someone is deaf, or that has so little compassion for his members as to kick anyone who can't comply with 100% of some hardcore rules will not operate a successful guild on this server.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

Vent is for nerds anyway
Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would argue the opposite. Any raid guild that does not require ventrilo is doomed to fail from the beginning. The amount of time you save communicating via speech compared to typing is invaluable. Voice chat also creates stronger bonds among guildmates. The proliferation of ventrilo is one of the only positive things that have happened to MMOs recently.

I've already turned down more than one applicant who told me they refused to use ventrilo. However, even I would make an exception for someone who was deaf, granted they knew what they were doing and were good at the game.

I assume you and your deaf friend went about the situation poorly.

lol wut
Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Ventrilo = not classic.