Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Aviak

Default What's was your "dumb" EQ moment?

Well, I just relived mine tonight. I feel asleep in my reclining chair again, notebook computer on my lap, headphones still on, slightly entranced by the sound of thunder and rain...and the occasional howling beast in the distance.

Well all of a sudden I am woken by the soft approaching rumblings of a Hill Giant... before I could come to my senses, that big basturd was pummeling me into the ground while shoving my pet neatly into a space he doesn't belong... anyone know a good proctologist?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Kobold

Multiple times have sang my merry 'Chords of Dissonance' song, wandered to town and died.

Guard's don't like bard AoE dot songs
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

on live, wolf form got you killed in town.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

I spent a day or two as a level 34 feeding my pet Iron Rations every 20 minutes upon the advice of Transcendence. Thanks guys.

I remember at some point getting a Mistmoore group and running through Lfay and getting owned by some camp on the south end of the zone. I ran all the way back (from Freeport), got an invis in Mistmoore, and then went and looted my corpse in the exact spot I found it. I got to run back again and learned my lesson on that one.

I'm such a noob, I still do all kinds of dumb shit. I didn't even know how to remove someone from group until like 6 months ago. When I wanted someone out of my group I would always just reform it without them.

*edit*
I also deathlooped in KC on the third day of Kunark and accidentally looted 3 of my 5 naked corpses prematurely. Pretty stupid.
Last edited by quido; 07-22-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

My very first death in EQ was drowning in the tiny Kaladim fountain on my newly-made level 1 dwarf because I couldn't figure out how to swim out of it. I seem to recall frantically pushing random keys and looking through the manual as my character's breath ran out.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Clickin' the hell out of that mod rod at level 2

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

I drowned got rezzed then drowned again during my first phinny raid with IB as a recruit...
Old 07-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Used the Earth pet to level up Meepo 1-49 when I finally realized how badass the Fire pet was on Seafuries.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

You mean like lately or ever? I do dumb stuff all the time, ask any cleric that knows me.

Yesterday morning I clicked the white shield spell and ran into KC, but aggroed the Drolvargs. After zoning I realized I had cast "see invis". Sorry anyone who was at zone, TT.

And then followed it up by "camping" at KC zonein, but forgot to hit camp or something. Six hours later a guildmate posted on the forum that I was online and my corpse timer was almost up. And I was bound in DL, at a spot without roamers but not necessarily safe. For all I know I was deleveled back to a noob. And I was stuck at work irl on top of it and helpless. Thanks to Uthgaards help I don't appear to be any worse for the wear.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Aviak

For me, way back when I first played in 1999, I discovered autofollow....in Kelethin.

A friend of mine joined EQ in 2000, and made a Wizard. He got to level 12 and got Bind Affinity. He thought it was a good idea to bind himself in the middle of an EC orc camp. Later that night he fell asleep at his keyboard. He woke up level 8 getting a few rusty short swords shoved up is a$$ by some orc centurions.

Other kind of dumb shit I used to do, when POP came out, my brother and I found a way to get to the very top of that tall castle in POK and we bound ourselves up there. Sometimes after being killed, Id return to that bind spot, forget to throw on lev and run off to go do a corpse recovery...doh.

Other times using the Mage lev rings, my bro and I would play levi bungee jumping. Basically we would run off the roof of the castle and try to click the levi ring before we went splat. To make it more fun, we would try to distract eachother while doing it. Still to this day on live, our main characters are still bound on the top of the tall castle in POK lol.

You know what, this just gave me a cool idea. Whever someone does something stupid or has something bad happen to them on EQ, go post about it on fmylife.com lol.
Last edited by dallammarr; 07-22-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Closed Thread