Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason I'd see using Luclin models for my taste would be to change the Trolls & Ogre models. Sorry all, I hated the old models. Ogres and Trolls are suppose to be powerful races but the old models makes them just look fat & slobbish Luclin Ogre model ftw!
Trolls are my favourite race to play, personally I quite enjoy their unconventional appearance and I don't see why every race should adhere to some hackneyed high-fantasy criterion. Look at Gnomes for example, their enormous hydrocephalic noggins dwarfing their stunted little bodies, they look a bit silly and so they should...

...Actually, I think I mostly just really detest the Luclin models, like, I get kind of mad when I think about them, those half-assed animations and incongruous, washed-out textures. SoL sucks so much that it sort of bothers me to think somebody may be looking at my character with that rubbish enabled.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The easiest way would be to use Secrets of Faydwer, which in my experience has mostly the lack of Highpass Hold to recommend against it.

Others have had more difficulties with it, I gather.

Each set of models has positives and negatives associated with it, in my opinion. In my dotage, I have really come to appreciate the animations of the classic models. Plus, they seem to be more aesthetically in synch with the zones themselves. Back when I played on live, I used the Luclin models exclusively once they were available.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchrist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having used SoF for the past 2 months the bugs for me are as follows
1. Cant zone into High Hold Pass
2. The spell icons are incorrect (you get use to it) A work around for this is to update your UI icons with another set. I used the the classic EQ icons and it fixed this problem.
3. linked items don't display the entire name of the item

That's it for bug just three and unless you really want to go to High Hold Pass none of them are a big deal.

EDIT*
forgot a bug

4. No friends list (work around: use /note PlayersName Description if you want a discreption of course example /note Druinskie Druid then /note to bring up the list)

Bugs i have not noticed: I have yet to have any items in my inventory disappear, Have not noticed a single incorrect con, spells on my Shadow knight, Shaman, Druid, Necro, and Bard all function as they are suppose to though many of these characters are less then lvl 20 so far so good though. My pets display properly as do other peoples. I have not tested it but /ignore will not work but I have yet to have any reason to use it anyways, havn't been to the Plane of Sky yet either.

Just wanted to add a little info to anyone wanting to try this out. Wish there was a way to make High Pass work though.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Kobold

Agreed... Id love to play an Ogre or Troll if it weren't for the old graphics.

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been using the the tita client, runs perfectly fine.
Installed the SoF in a separate directory, followed the same guidelines when using Tita Client for P99, but I keep getting a GUI error. I'm only having an issue with the SoF Client. when it tries to load the character selection, it crashes out to GUI error. I did replace the GlobalLoad.txt
If you replaced the files in uifiles/default with the Project 1999 .zip file, that is why. Those files are for Titanium, not SoF.

You'll have to get a fresh copy of uifiles/default, and it'll work at that point.

Also, you shouldn't replace GlobalLoad.txt with the P99 copy either -- this is also designed for Titanium. You should, however, still be replacing the spells file and db strings file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Last edited by Alkorin; 07-17-2011 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: I can type, honest.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Kobold

I really enjoy the Luclin graphics in Project 1999, something must be different about computers nowadays that can render the Luclin graphics more seamlessly than when it was released. I recall hating them. So kudos for this tutorial!!!

However, there are a few problems I have noticed. When retrieving item links from the database, the first 6 or so letters are shifted.

So a "Chunk of Meat" is "of Meat".

When you inspect someone the items are not displayed in the correct place, or at all. These are obviously both database issues.

Know any workarounds?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

You need to fix your UI for use with SoF. There are a couple of posts with SoF compatible UI files in them. Note that you cannot install the UI files provided as part of the Project 1999 installation process or this will break the SoF client. This will solve the issue of seeing items in the wrong slots.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix the item link issue. At some point in the development of the EQ client, the method for processing links changed in order to include more information, such as augments. As a result, the SoF client expects a different type of information for links. The Titanium client does not send this, so you see part of the name missing as a result. People using Titanium will see your links preceded by 4-6 random garbage characters as their clients cannot properly decipher SoF links.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Aviak

ok, user error perhaps however...

I went step by step, only db and spells from p99, log in peq log out swap the files log in make oger..... time out when trying to load into game. Log back in time out while trying to load into game. Both time into Oggok, will try Barb shamy and everfrost.

edit:
went through options, rez ect ect... reboot defrag blah blah blah and nada. just hangs and times out back to log in. It could be hardwar on my part however Ill have to check peq/ez to be sure.
Last edited by insertname; 07-26-2011 at 10:56 PM..
Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I too had this problem initially never figured out what I'd done wrong, i simply reinstalled SoF and it worked my second try.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Smile

Well it seems to work ok, coning is way off lol, greens are white.... So far everything is white. I went and got a new laptop and is a fresh install. Dual core amd phenom ii, amd (ati) radion gfx chip 4250 (laptop chip). So far all settings maxed and such, hell i can even see the sky now lol.
Last edited by insertname; 07-28-2011 at 03:20 PM..