Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Aviak

Default SOF client and Highpass

Ok so I was toying around with this over the weekend and still have not figured out where the problem is. I tried zoning into HP with the sof clients own files, crash. Tried to copy the files from my titanum client and zone, crash. The crash message states its looking for a specific file and cannot find it regardless of whether I have the SOF client files or titanium. What happens when you hit the zone border is it says Loading Unkown Zone, then crash. So this has lead me to believe that its the way the client talks with the server, and the client doesnt realize that when you hit that zone border, you are entering HP. Instaid it doesnt know what that zone is defined as on the server.

I know its illegal to alter the client. But I was wondering if a dev or someone who is great with code could maybe explain how the server and client talk so that the client knows what zone you are in and what zone you are entering when you hit a zone border. Its possible that when the changed the clients over on live, they renamed a file or packet that is sent to the client when loading into HP. And therefore when you zone in to HP on p99 using the SOF client, it doesnt know what zone that is because p99's files for that zone are named differently or something. Again I am by no means a coder, just merely making a guess as to how this works. So any info on how the client and server communicate to know what zone you're in, what zone border you are walking into, and maybe what file in the client is called up to then load those zone files, it might be plssibel to make the SOF client P99 compatible atleast as far as being able to zone in anywhere. Thanks.