Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tied to the expansion that we are open too. Ergo, to engage luclin models, we'd need to engage Luclin.
When was this effective? When I started playing (couple months ago I think), I used the SoF client cause it was all I had on hand. With that loaded, Luclin models were available. It had some other issues so I dumped it in favor of the Titanium client... Luclin models went bye bye.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

If you hadn't noticed, this thread was from last year.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Aviak

Its odd ... I have new elemental pets but old everything else. I honestly dont care much about luclin models compared with classic ....I would like to be able to dye stuff
Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its odd ... I have new elemental pets but old everything else. I honestly dont care much about luclin models compared with classic ....I would like to be able to dye stuff
It's not odd. new pets are on by default. Before you log in click on options to to switch to the old elemental models.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Large Rat

So can we enable Luclin models or no, I won't play on the server if you can't. I know me not playing would not be a "great" loss, but can we enable them or no?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
So can we enable Luclin models or no, I won't play on the server if you can't. I know me not playing would not be a "great" loss, but can we enable them or no?

Nope, if that makes you go find another server you would not have lasted here anyway.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Yes there is a way to get the luclin models to work, requires the SOF client which is kind of buggy on this server, the biggest ones being HP and Lavastorm. I am at work so I cant post a ss now, but I was playing around with the SOF client and globalload file and not only do I have luclin models turned on, but I also got a rather interested skele model too, lol. As for those zone issues, I havent had time to try yet, but it is possible to make them work by copying the same zone files from a titanium client. Essentially I have 3 different EQ clients running on my laptop. the first is EQlite, which has all the old models and textures. The 2nd is a copy of the EQ lite but with the upgraded textures to make the zone look better. The last is the expiriment with the SOF client. Heres a post on how to get started making the SOF client show the luclin models.

Edit: If you used the globalload file listed in that post, you get the interesting luclin model skellies, if you use the one in the setup guide, you get the original skellies. Also your spell Icons will be screwy, you can fix this by downloading a set of spell icons from here and copying them into your default UI file. If you try to use the velious UI in the setup guide it will crash the SOF client, so dont use that.
Last edited by dallammarr; 10-15-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Old 10-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was worried to some extent about not having the Luclin models when I started. However, remember there was a graphics update before Luclin so the game does look much better than it did at release. After the first week you won't even notice that there are no Luclin models.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more than slightly amused by someone joining an emulator server that boasts the 'experience of 1999 EQ' and then leaves when it doesn't look like the game circa 2001.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think everyone is here for the old game mechanics. Not everyone likes the old shitty graphics. I started in Kunark and I HATED Luclin, but I still prefer the Luclin models (aside from the troll and maybe ogre models). It's not game breaking to not have them, but I would certainly like to enjoy more eye candy if it was possible. Hell if I knew how I'd hack my own models into the client and make the whole game look sexy.

tl;dr version: Old game mechanics are awesome and shitty graphics are shitty.
Closed Thread