Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Kobold

we prolly getting trolled and if we're not there is a good chance the person you give it to will auction it off for platinum. Put everyones name in a hat, draw a name and get it over with.
Last edited by wrxBRAH; 10-07-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Old 10-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Fire Giant

I was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car. I had just come from the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work. Coming my way from across the parking lot was what society would consider a bum.

From the looks of him, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times when you feel generous but there are other times that you just don't want to be bothered. This was one of those "don't want to be bothered times."

"I hope he doesn't ask me for any money," I thought.

He didn't.

He came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he didn't look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus. After a few minutes he spoke.

"That's a very pretty car," he said. He was ragged but he had an air of dignity around him. His scraggly blond beard keep more than his face warm. I said, "thanks," and continued wiping off my car.

He sat there quietly as I worked. The expected plea for money never came. As the silence between us widened something inside said, "ask him if he needs any help." I was sure that he would say "yes" but I held true to the inner voice. "Do you need any help?" I asked. He answered in three simple but profound words that I shall never forget. We often look for wisdom in great men and women. We expect it from those of higher learning and accomplishments.

I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand. He spoke the three words that shook me. "Don't we all?" he said.

I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three words hit me like a twelve gauge shotgun. Don't we all? I needed help. Maybe not for bus fare or a place to sleep, but I needed help. I reached in my wallet and gave him not only enough for bus fare, but enough to get a warm meal and shelter for the day. Those three little words still ring true. No matter how much you have, no matter how much you have accomplished, you need help too. No matter how little you have, no matter how loaded you are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, you can give help.

Even if it's just a compliment, you can give that. You never know when you may see someone that appears to have it all. They are waiting on you to give them what they don't have. A different perspective on life, a glimpse at something beautiful, a respite from daily chaos, that only you through a torn world can see.

Maybe the man was just a homeless stranger wandering the streets. Maybe he was more than that. Maybe he was sent by a power that is great and wise, to minister to a soul too comfortable in themselves.

Maybe God looked down, called an Angel, dressed him like a bum, then said, "go minister to that man cleaning the car, that man needs help."

Don't we all?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Sarnak

fuck dude. no wai!

i'll take 2.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

My family and friends all passed away and the only thing that can save me is your necro.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

I'm in same boat as Carron. I play a rogue and I can't solo - worse solo class in the game besides warrior (almost a tie!) so, this would really save me a lot of time. I was planning on leveling a mage or necro to 50 - but this would really help me out a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and I'm sure I would really enjoy it.

Rogue has always been my passion and I love the class - I always will. but the fact of the matter is, money is a must! you must farm to survive! and a rogue cannot do that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Plus, necros are really fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have an iksar necro back on live that I just adored.

Anyway, GL with your decisions.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

I would love to have a necro...I've never played a necro in all of my EQ history and think it would be an awesome experience.

I started playing Everquest, day one (April 1999)...me and my two friends drove almost 2 hours out of town just to get the game, lol...we sucked so bad at it, it wasn't funny. Let me put it to you this way, my human mage had more strength than intelligence, and his rogue had more wisdom than dexterity, lol...we had no clue.

Anyways I managed to take a barbarian shaman to level 50, well before Kunark, as I just became addicted to the game (I was in college back then so I had some free time). I still miss those days where I had nothing to do but play Everquest, lol....

So the question is, why should you give me the account? I am here to have fun, I am an honest person, like to help people, and most importantly I will hold on to the account for you, incase you change your mind and decide to come back...(trust me I know how this goes)...so you can have a second chance at it.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Default About me

Firt off, my name is patrick, I'm 31 and have loved EQ since the day I started. I played EQ from the point shortly after velious came out so I originally missed out on all the fun of classic so this server is a dream to me. I have met a lot of people in game, a couple who I communicate with frequently because I like keeping in touch with awesome people I meet. My first character on live was a gnome mage, I loved gnomes and it was fun joking with other people who played gnomes (we had to stick together). I havent made a gnome on this server yet and the next class I was going to make was a necro, so seeing this post got me excited, I just had to reply. Back on live my RL friend had a DE necro that he let me play and I loved the class, so I would have a bit of experience with necros already and could take very good care of this character. Lastly, to keep this short and sweet, I am the most trustworthy person anybody could ever meet, I have xfered huge amounts of plat, manastones, amulet of necropotence, etc. for many people I have never even met, I don't have it in my heart to steal. With that said I just want to relay to you that I know people change their minds about things, so absolutely any time you came back and wanted to, the account would be yours again, no questions. My only hope for this thread is that you find an honest person that will truly appreciate what you are doing.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nice try, alien taking psychological survey!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Aviak

Hi there, first off I want to say that I think its rather generous of you to give away a character like this that you put your time into leveling up. I hope that whoever ends up with it will take care of it and not use it to grief people, box or anything to get banned.

That being said I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dallammarr Arrgent (both here and in game). I got my first taste of EQ back in may of 1999. My oldest bro picked up the game to give it a try. When he showed it to me I remember thinking "Game looks cool, but you have to pay $9.98/mo to play on top of the $50? Thats crazy." Well he had me sit down a roll a toon. At the time, I was in an AD&D campaign with some friends. My D&D character was an Human Paladin so I figured I would make a pally on my bro's account to try out. The Highelves looked interesting so I made a Highelf pally. I remember loading into the world for the first time. There I was in a completely 3d world, completely new and undiscovered. I wandered around Faydark a bit, whacking some bats. At that point I knew I was hooked and the $10/mo was well worth it for this completly new and exciting expirience.

After that short play session, my older brother decided to get me my own account a couple months later. I remember when he told me he got it for me, and even helped me get some parts to upgrade my computer. I was in highschool at the time 10th grade, so I didnt really have any money. After we installed (and waited what seemed forever for patching) I loaded up the game and decided to remake the pally, only this time I went with a Human as the character my bro was playing at that time was a Human wiz near Freeport. I got the pally to level 12 and it was at the point I realized that the pally class really wasn't for me, I needed to try something new.

My bro had suggested I make a mage since they were pretty poweful. He gave up on his wizzy because at the lower levels, wizzy soloing survivability was nil, and made himself a mage which he stuck with throughout the rest of his EQ career. I thought the mage was interesting, but it didnt really speak to me. So I rolled a couple toons. I tried a SK and War, didnt really like them so I ruled out tank classes. I then made a monk. I really enjoyed the monk, played mine to about 37. When I got my monk to about level 20 though, as fun as he was, it still didn't really fit me completely. So, on Jan 20, 2000 I rolled what would later become my main and true calling in EQ. I rolled my Human Necro Dallammarr.

When I first set foot into the role of the necro, the world of Norrath took on a whole new meaning at that point. As I gained levels, I realized just how versatile and poweful the necro really was at soloing and in groups. This was truly a class of the gods. In terms of PVP, I was almost unbeatable, I won 9 out of 10 duels. That of corse was before they nerfed the PVP rules and casters in general became gimped as hell in PVP. When my and my bro would duo our nec/mage chars, we could take almost anything cept raid content ofcorse. I played that necro all the way up to level 63. At that point POP was released and I quickly lost interest in EQ as it was turning into something unrecognizable. Even though I retired my EQ necro, I always knew that from then on, for me to have any interest in any MMO, it had to have a necro.

Ofcorse, as with everyone, life changes over a span of 10 years. I am no longer a highschool student with tons of free time on my hands. I now work a full time job, have a fiance, a soon to be 4 year old and a new baby on the way. So my time to play is rather limited, but I do really enjoy the little time I have to play on this server. It has allowed me to relive many of those moments when I first set foot into norrath and I am greatful for that. I have a little level 8 necro and a level 1 monk I just made. Also the other day my fiance expressed some interest in possibly making a character her self and giving it a shot. I feel that if I had access to a high level necro, not only would it help given the limited time I myself have to work on leveling a character, but it would also give me the means to really help out my fiance which might make her more interested in the game and sticking with it. I assure you that I would make good use of the character. I would not grief or do anything to get it banned or give it a bad name. I also would never sell it. I hope you will take my application into consideration when deciding who to pass your necro onto. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by dallammarr; 10-06-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Large Rat

Ohh man.. Where to begin..

I started playing in 2000 when I was 13 years old. I was the nerd in school and did not have many friends, but good Ol Everquest was always there for me when I got home from school. I played a paladin and took about a year to level him to 60 because I was a dumb kid and really couldnt play in a efficient way.

Everquest was for about 4 years, my entire life. Its sad, but its all I had at the time.
I have a 39 rogue right now. I have 2 RL friends who play on this server in raiding guilds and I cant wait to raid with them! I can tell you their names if needed.

If I were to receive your necromancer I would be able to actually play with my friends and your necro will get geared up fast! I have been dieing to get to lvl 50, but have been struggling to reach lvl 50 due to lack of groups during my play time.

If you were to give me this account I would be forever in debt to you. I am already getting far to ahead of myself and overly excited about this post.. Jeez. Ill love you forever for this account. My two friends are already talking about having lan parties over their house when I reach lvl 50. This would be as big of an excitement for them as it would be for me!
Closed Thread