Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no problems with discord, was in the discord of each of the guilds I was in. I'm not always super talkative, partly because I'm so used to being ignored that i'm honestly reluctant to ask for anything.

In both guilds I was in recently, I kept asking for help with Karnor's Castle so my wizard could get to the human skeleton somewhere in there for the Brain Bite spell quest. I had never been to KC beyond the entrance for using the EJ evac spell, so I definitely needed help. I could never muster a strike force for it within the guild and I ended up just quitting the wizard class as a result. I'm a druid now, currently level 24 lols.

Just honestly not sure what to do, if there even is a helpful guild out there, and I don't know whether they'd even be willing to toss me an invite.
This is something that you should have asked an enchanter/necro to do individually, instead of asking a whole guild. All you need is an enchanter that knows what he's doing, he can pacify/lull safely to jail and get the quest mob for you. If i was personally desperate to get something done like this, i'd /who 55 60 enchanter all and offer them plat to help
Old 08-09-2021, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is something that you should have asked an enchanter/necro to do individually, instead of asking a whole guild. All you need is an enchanter that knows what he's doing, he can pacify/lull safely to jail and get the quest mob for you. If i was personally desperate to get something done like this, i'd /who 55 60 enchanter all and offer them plat to help
I just remember asking for help because I had never been to KC before, and that is what i meant by folks not being friendly to newbies. I'm guessing that many folks on this server have been doing this content for 20+ years, and the thought that someone might not have been to a place in classic might be an alien one at this point. There's so many weird twists and turns and tricks that people like to use, and the thought of accidently stumbling and aggroing some mobs is a terrifying one. That's mainly why I was hoping for a guild strike force of sorts, to do a good ol' fashioned dungeon crawl cutting our way through the place.

I did ultimately try to do it solo, went splat pretty quickly though.

There was also the time I asked for help because I was struggling greatly to crawl out of level 51 on my wizard, who kept dying every other quad attempt because of backstabbing birds in TD. I just wanted to do a dungeon with them or something, anything to get back to a positive exp gain, but there I was ignored too.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much from a guild, but I thought they were supposed to be communities that looked out for each other and helped with the growth of their members. I had hoped that all of the transfers and ports I did for my guilds would show my willingness toward comraderie.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Aviak

Domo if you keep making public posts like this you'll get sent to the Safe Space gulag with the other ex-ST that rubbed their leaders the wrong way
Old 08-10-2021, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Soulcommander, god i miss you, he was a retired vet in his 50 or 60s)
Great guy, and the luckiest dice ever. <3 <3 <3
Old 08-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great guy, and the luckiest dice ever. <3 <3 <3

He had to have been Rogean's dad or something right?

For context for the rest of you, this man played p99 for less than 3 months, and in that span:

Won Mage Epic(lmao there are mages on blue who have been trying for epic for over half a decade at this point)
Won 3+ Fungi tunics
Won 2x T-staffs !!!!!!!!!!!!! i've never even seen one drop. He zoned into KC once and it was just up with staff, and won the roll on the other
Full SS gear out of hot, pretty much immediately upon joining. (won rolls for the drops)

That's not even the half of it. Had to have been the absolute luckiest player to ever play this game. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. I hope he's doing okay.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:29 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuffyP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but what their members don't realize is the way their gearing system works benefits the top 40% RA members and leave the lower members holding the bag.
I was one of the Lower members at the start of velious and I have more items than most of the leadership. Obviously you know nothing about the guilds loot system so good luck with your tin foil sales on etsy
Old 08-12-2021, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwj1285 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was one of the Lower members at the start of velious and I have more items than most of the leadership. Obviously you know nothing about the guilds loot system so good luck with your tin foil sales on etsy
Really, you on top of the lists for all that sweet Vulak and Warder loot?

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-13-2021, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Our system actually enables brand new arrivals to get top tier loot right away. It's actually a little frustrating to some of our long-time raiders, but it results in the average raider getting great items early. It's happening for us literally every day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2021, 04:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuffyP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what their members don't realize is the way their gearing system works benefits the top 40% RA members
I don't see the problem? every gearing system is going to benefit people who play more, because they are at the events where gear drops. are you simple?
Old 08-14-2021, 04:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwj1285 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many of ST members even qualify for raider status? What are the truly desired items that you have?
Closed Thread