Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2023, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A shaman Slow Tanking correctly is spamming JBB already. Slowed mobs are not going to interrupt JBB very often. I Slow Tank with JBB a lot. In this duo the Shaman should be tanking 100% of the time.

A Mage's DPS is at it's strongest when they don't need to have the pet tank. This is because you aren't wasting time/mana on chain summoning pets. 100% of your mana and time is spend on Nuking via clickies or mana nukes, which maximizes DPS.
In no scenario except your imagination is a shaman tanking 100% of the time. Have fun holding aggro on a 100+ dps rogue when disease aggro is broken and root breaks happening with jbb spam. We’re not even at high MR mobs yet either.

To discount the addition of a mage who can chain summon 3k hp+ pets with ease shows your lack of vision for high performant duos. Mixing in roots slow torpor jbb patch heals on rogue it’s just not gonna fly all of the time and there will be situations where it’s better to let the shaman sit back and dps with dots. There’s really nothing you gain with a rogue duo except maybe some extra static dps when the rogue is geared to the teeth. None of it I see worth giving up a mage for. Rogues fill one role in a duo, dps. Mages are more than that in a duo. This is why rogues start to shine when you get more people in group such as a tank and superior healing. If we are talking about the best 4-6 man group, I would probably include rogue in there.