Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-11-2024, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good for you.

I don't care.

I don't want to be subject to joining the ranks of other people I'm disinterested in interacting with.

I'm not keen on the boot licking and brown nosing that accompanies guild politics or performing the dance of quid pro quo to get a goal I want completed.

There should be alternate methods for doing it.

Sorry but a large number of people don't want to be forced to socialize with strangers they couldn't care less about, and are instead only interested in their own business and friends they want to deal with.

It's why there are GDPR raids now in WoW. Why put up with the BS guilds come with when you can just achieve your goals with none of the PR and other nonsense.

I don't want to join your discord, I don't want to be subjected to your voice and thoughts and other background noises you have going on. Keep that stuff contained to your own corner of the world, thanks.
...care to elaborate?
Old 01-11-2024, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

I want to play a MMO that requires interacting with other players, but I want to play it all alone.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to play a MMO that requires interacting with other players, but I want to play it all alone.
To be fair, and we never are, there's a big difference between playing with ha select few players or just doing pick-up-groups instead of following orders in discord after the batphone went off in the middle of the night to collect your one dragon tooth point which you need to save hundreds off to get one item.

That's not to say that Epics shouldn't require raiding. I think if there's any issue with P99 it's that drop rates on some pieces are incredibly low and I do wonder how classic these drop rates truly are. Similar deal with legacy items when they were dropping.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, and we never are, there's a big difference between playing with ha select few players or just doing pick-up-groups instead of following orders in discord after the batphone went off in the middle of the night to collect your one dragon tooth point which you need to save hundreds off to get one item.

That's not to say that Epics shouldn't require raiding. I think if there's any issue with P99 it's that drop rates on some pieces are incredibly low and I do wonder how classic these drop rates truly are. Similar deal with legacy items when they were dropping.
People are so self interested/absorbed and lack any kind of insights into others, that they simply cannot fathom different people get different types of enjoyments from a mmo.

These are EXACTLY the type of people I want to avoid.

Like deal with it. I play with a group of people I like to, anyone else I don't care to play with.

I like an MMO because it's a live world. Full stop, that's it. It doesn't mean I want to subject myself to you any closer than a 200 yard stick or a brief interaction with a ec tunnel trade.

These players think they're special, and they're not, and I especially don't want to interact with them.

Old 01-12-2024, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

If you're not willing to do whats necessary to get an epic thats fine.

Epics are not required to play EQ. Sorry you don't got.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

it always makes my heart happy to see ppl complain about stuff that instances would solve while still hating instanced content
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 01-12-2024, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Everything on p99 is achievable if you put in the effort. If the effort is too much, then it isn't the server for you. Simple as that. End of story.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are so self interested/absorbed and lack any kind of insights into others, that they simply cannot fathom different people get different types of enjoyments from a mmo.

These are EXACTLY the type of people I want to avoid.

Like deal with it. I play with a group of people I like to, anyone else I don't care to play with.

I like an MMO because it's a live world. Full stop, that's it. It doesn't mean I want to subject myself to you any closer than a 200 yard stick or a brief interaction with a ec tunnel trade.

These players think they're special, and they're not, and I especially don't want to interact with them.
Most of quite a few epic quests can be accomplished with a single group of people, so that seems to fit your play style.

Depending on the drop you need, if it requires a raid some guilds might let you tag along with them temporarily if someone in the guild doesn't need the drop. But again highly dependent on which class and which drop.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of quite a few epic quests can be accomplished with a single group of people, so that seems to fit your play style.

Depending on the drop you need, if it requires a raid some guilds might let you tag along with them temporarily if someone in the guild doesn't need the drop. But again highly dependent on which class and which drop.
dingus doesnt strike me as the kind of person capable of reaching out to a raid guild for a hand in a non-obtuse manner
Old 01-16-2024, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

you must reach out in acute manner :3