Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-20-2023, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey look more political circle-jerking

you guys just cant help yourselves, can you?
i mean he was so immersed he was literally sending PMs about politics and other posters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2023, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Oh the irony of all the political talk in a thread about homesteading...the most un-politically related thread there could be. I guess people are really on a mission to take threads in the off topic section...off topic.

Watched a few youtube videos last night from one of those camping/outdoors type channels. Guy had an inflatable tent (was really a tiny home) with full blow windows, doors, and skylights and had a portable wood stove he setup in there with a vent hole for the chimney to vent the smoke outside. What a great setup to just pop up his own homestead anywhere he goes.

I plan on getting to a place where I have a home completely self sustaining and off grid. Its really more attainable then ever without giving up any comforts. Lots of solutions for solar electricity, starlink is taking care of an internet everywhere solution (because what's the point of being off grid if you can't get some sweat in your beard), rain catchment gutters and storage tanks seems pretty straight forward although have some things to learn about long term storage and water treatment for safe consumption. Seems like sewage is the hardest thing, or atleast the one I know the least about if you want something that mirrors city plumbing without some extensive waste treatment setup.

From there just get really good at gardening and you're pretty well set up. Personally not really a hunter/fisher so will need to put some thought into protein if I don't want to become a vegetarian.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

damn more bans huh? eventually there will be nobody left posting here except the PC AI bots
while I agree some of these bans are definitely warranted, it's still sad to see
our entire p99 community just getting shut down one poster at a time
soon there will be nothing left....

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-20-2023 at 07:20 PM..
Old 12-20-2023, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

People are trying homesteading literally because of the clown world in which we live. That is a political thing that caused the abundance of clowns.

Living off grid is getting difficult especially if ya need an interwebs for shitposting and power for mod-cons.
True homesteading is gone i believe, someone mentioned solar panels and powerwalls. Like someone else mentioned, that is paying now for 20 odd years of power. Unless some other homesteader wiff bigger guns come and takes it (assuming the shit full hits the fan that is).

You'd have to go back to little house on the prairie. But there is waaaay too many folk nowadays for that.
Learn to be a good little automoton like the rest of us.
Old 12-20-2023, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When that was just get a job and pay your taxes and don't kill or hurt people, I was on board.

It's creeping into a dystopian marxist authoritarian hellscape though with no end in sight.

I'd take living like the Amish and giving up the internet and all modern conveniences if it meant freedom from the thought and word police.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-20-2023 at 10:13 PM..
Old 12-20-2023, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd take living like the Amish and giving up the internet and all modern conveniences if it meant freedom from the thought and word police.
+1
Old 12-20-2023, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are trying homesteading literally because of the clown world in which we live. That is a political thing that caused the abundance of clowns.

Living off grid is getting difficult especially if ya need an interwebs for shitposting and power for mod-cons.
True homesteading is gone i believe, someone mentioned solar panels and powerwalls. Like someone else mentioned, that is paying now for 20 odd years of power. Unless some other homesteader wiff bigger guns come and takes it (assuming the shit full hits the fan that is).

You'd have to go back to little house on the prairie. But there is waaaay too many folk nowadays for that.
Oh look guys! A guy who doesn't get it explaining the thing he doesn't get!
Old 12-20-2023, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn more bans huh? eventually there will be nobody left posting here except the PC AI bots
while I agree some of these bans are definitely warranted, it's still sad to see
our entire p99 community just getting shut down one poster at a time
soon there will be nothing left....
It only just now occurred to me that it might be Quarms fault. I hear that place is much rowdy.

Anyway I live in a small city and tons of people still stack wood for winter heat. Probably hits a bit different when it's your only option in routinely bad weather.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh look guys! A guy who doesn't get it explaining the thing he doesn't get!
Look at me, explaining things about someone he doesnt know thinking he knows what that person he doesnt know knows!
Old 12-21-2023, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Are you or are you not, by investing in solar and batteries paying now for your future power needs?
Also.
If someone sees you wiff ya fancy pants setup (assuming the shit has truely hit da fan. End Of Days Stuff) ya think they aint gonna "come get some" from the haves?
Just askin questions here.
The first enquirer may eat a bullet. The next 15 may as well. But eventually, one of yas are gonna eat one. In ya lil bubble.
Anywho.
You know nuffin. About ya laughy target.
Maybe im homeless. Maybe im just a normie.
Maybe im self suffient enough for my needs.
Do you know?
Homesteaded i deed!