Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 08-22-2023, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Like the bracer of benevolence, I would guess the best armor achieveable are probably things that drop from the West waste dragons, using scout giants.

That's probably a 6 neck, and the non -bp https://wiki.project1999.com/Matchless_Dragon_Armor_Set

Other strong options are exquisite velium weapons and flayed paebala gloves, by dragging paebala and chetari to each other and kill stealing after the paebala does most of the work. DN is fairly dangerous to be running around, but I think it is viable to do a train from chetari to paebala.

There's probably some specific things that can be improved over this, but it's harder because there are not that many good drops from zones where you can make NPCs fight each other to do most of the work.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Ssf rogue has some interesting bis options as they have the ability to pick pocket non magical equipment. Eg instead of wasting pp on gate potions they can manastone back to bind.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-22-2023, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ssf rogue has some interesting bis options as they have the ability to pick pocket non magical equipment. Eg instead of wasting pp on gate potions they can manastone back to bind.
Can only pp plat as I recall. Weapons can be disarmed, if not magic they drop, if magic they just go back into the inventory.
Old 08-23-2023, 04:42 PM
Kobold

You can pickpocket any non-lore, non-magic item from an enemy between levels 20-50(52?).. this does not include almost any equipment, and no weapons afaik. Like you can steal a shield off town guards and thats helpful until dual wield.

You can disarm any non-magic, non-lore weapon and pick it up from the ground however. this includes some fun odd things like General V'Ghera's teir'dal scimitars, and rando weapons from velious giants in ring war
Old 08-23-2023, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't burning rapier require killing a level 33 mob in Mistmoore. Maybe could kill it by mid 40's.
its even worse than that, the hemo enologist spawns as part of a group of 2-3 other vampires, in the middle of the courtyard. maybe if you somehow pulled the whole group all the way to zone and split out just the enologist, but its a rough one solo. i was able to sneak in and assassinate the cloaked dhampyre solo for his cloak waaay before i could kill the enologist solo
Old 08-23-2023, 04:58 PM
Kobold

soloable piercing weapon targets also include
-Jambiya (7/26) from Hatar (20 sand giant) (rare drop from rare spawn...)
-Crystal Grinder (9/27) from low 30s Velketor spiders
-walrus tooth (6/22) from mid-30s EW walrus
-a real stretch but the No Rent Gunthak Harpoon from Fironia Vie pirates is 15/33, maybe helpful if you need a leg up to camp a Rentable weapon
-human cultural crafting makes some pretty good rogue weapons, as far as craftae weapons go anyway

edit: an even more nearly-impossible-but-technically-possible is the Ancient Fang (11/30) from the snake titan in Stonebrunt. its a common drop but he has 4000 hp, is immune to runspeed changes, and is so rare ive never once seem him. so theres that.
Last edited by Tnair; 08-23-2023 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-03-2023, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Harpoon of the Depths is pretty bow kitable I'd think.

Also, I wonder how much MR you need to resist the proc on Dirk of the Traitor. MR gear is probably hard to come by SSF tho...

Once you're high enough level, you can probably dump serpent blood pots for something like a slimey.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rodrick%27s_Gift

Unresistable. The first part of the rogue epic gives you the Jaggef Diamond Dagger (9/22) and Trochilic's Skean. Not horrible if using on-level.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unresistable. The first part of the rogue epic gives you the Jaggef Diamond Dagger (9/22) and Trochilic's Skean. Not horrible if using on-level.
Ohh.. very nice! End game goal there!
Old 09-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

those are some fun suggestions

the Dirk of the Traitor I left out cause it stuns you when it procs, but it does drop from a soloable guy

SSF renux would be a real challenge to get the other two .. you need the book from Hate to spawn her, and while she is bow kiteable if you have sow boots, she has 10,000 hp so it'd be very possible to run out of arrows

renux has been on my "technically maybe I can solo her" list but ive already got the epic, which a ssf rogue cant ever have