Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol says the guy who is terrified of the merge coming in January 2023. I play on green regularly and lowbie areas are usually ghost towns as are almost every dungeon besides like a few
They re pretty populated at peak time, some zones are ghost town but they ve always been.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merge won't happen until the Sleeper is awakened on Green.
soon.tm

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 12-25-2021, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are going to merge the servers. Why would they pay for two pve servers at exactly the same stage in progression? That’s expensive and there’s no reason for it. It’s also become clear that we can’t sustain two servers with the current population. Frankly I cannot wait for a merge; zones are ghost towns outside of a select few hot spots, the economies are completely slow and stale, since the servers are top heavy it can be hard to find full groups for leveling, etc. and that applies to both Blue and Green
They don't pay for anything. Ask him. You'll find out how it's done.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hot take:

Allow people on green and blue to /movelog and designate one server for p99-style FTE racing, the other for classic-era server type rotations.

While probably pretty unpopular around these parts, community-led content rotated servers were definitely a thing in classic eras covered by p99.

Rathe server had a pretty simple one - needed to kill a raid mob once via FTE (either a guild was slacking or they let you try) before being added to the rotation list. If you couldn’t kill when your mob was up within X hours of its spawn, you needed to pass to the next guild. If you made Y attempt(s) and failed, you needed to pass.

Elflawyering goes down as a happy side effect.
I love it. This would be a dream for many players.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

TLP >
Old 12-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Banned

I want to reiterate an RP server with class/race/god hardcoded restrictions (ur god will not let u heal an evil troll if u are a paladin! (maybe an agnostic one tho! (or quested teams so ppl can 'become a good troll'))) in place and no common language and hard faction limits (no dark elfs becoming felwith eleves) iksar always being KOS to good alinged npcs (can get faction in evul guilds) + 'no such thing as no drop' and trivial loot code of +/- 10 levels to the npc would be legit fun! + lowered stats on velius/endgame vp items and more access to tradeskill items/a low lvl set of tradeskilled minor +stat items that would make playing an elf.. or aquiring a small 8/32 +4 agi katana more doable etc

more dialogue from npcs!

thats how classic EQ should develop!

also survival modded food consumption so like food isnt stackable, lasts longer, and u also die of dehydration/starvation and hot/cold zones make u eat more or need to wear cold protection/fur boots/cloaks or be like 'slowed 5%' and like 'hot foods' can help that.

bring back stamina!!!

give alchemy to everyone and allow more crafted varieties of like 5 charge unstackable lore potions for healing/downtime for melees that u can use to kill like 10 super light blues or something/ delete severely nerf really broken items, wands/charged stuff/redwood /spells like torpor, charm, jbb, druid epic, except leave wizard dps clickies in and give them a few more! more moderately 'spaced out' and level appropriate dps options in line with like paladin sustained dps. (Or even make them very powerful, yet very expensive 1 shot deals that allow a melee to solo a named on par with like a decently geared mage)

half or quarter the percents on all pc castable/usable hastes/slows

buff mr/dr/pr etc ac/atk etc on some npcs, nerf on others! add a slight varience! increase mitigation slightly with +agi in combat code like 1-4% from 120-225 agi

randomise buff stripping with higher lvl dispells! (give npcs access!)
Last edited by starkind; 12-30-2021 at 02:16 PM..
Old 12-30-2021, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is mine too, and I'm sure LOTS of players here.

But, sadly, 10 years of this place have demonstrated that a "non-competitive" server is very much not R&N's dream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We can only hope/dream that will someday change ... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL... I mentioned this as a hypothetical path for the next time a new server starts up. One competitive, one rotation server... let players choose what works best for them. Caused a complete hissyfit by merely bringing up the idea.

I don't get why something we do on a rotation server would impact anyone on the competitive server. Especially when the response is "go play on an instanced TLP server then". Why does it matter whether I am playing on a P99 "rotation" server or a TLP instanced server?

The only answer I can think of is that hardcore players are worried AF that the population of the competitive server would rival that of Red, which tells you all you need to know about the dynamic that exists here.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-01-2022, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

burn it all down, delete all characters.
Old 01-01-2022, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL... I mentioned this as a hypothetical path for the next time a new server starts up. One competitive, one rotation server... let players choose what works best for them. Caused a complete hissyfit by merely bringing up the idea.

I don't get why something we do on a rotation server would impact anyone on the competitive server. Especially when the response is "go play on an instanced TLP server then". Why does it matter whether I am playing on a P99 "rotation" server or a TLP instanced server?

The only answer I can think of is that hardcore players are worried AF that the population of the competitive server would rival that of Red, which tells you all you need to know about the dynamic that exists here.
Have you ever been doing something the wrong way, and when someone points it out, you get mad at them, because it makes you realize you've been doing it the wrong way the whole time? I think it's a bit like that.

I think the "care bear" server would just be massively more fun for everyone, and even the competitors know it ... so they fear it, because they've already conditioned themselves to want "competition" over all else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, more practically speaking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hardcore players are worried AF that the population of the competitive server would rival that of Red
Seriously: the "competitors" would be stuck on a server with like 200 fellow competitors, and that would make them miserable.

But again, it doesn't matter, because R&N are the competitive type.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-01-2022 at 12:57 PM..
Closed Thread