Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren’t you the one who is trying to convince yourself that everything you’re doing on green won’t get merged into blue at some point?

Hate to break it to you but the pop can barely support two servers much less three pve servers and the staff aren’t paying for keeping extra servers open just so you don’t have to have your characters merged with blue lol
No, I'm simply telling you what I know.

I agree with you that current Green would risk being a ghost town with a Green 2.0 with a non-fresh playerbase being split between Blue AND the old Green.

That however doesn't mean that they will roll Green onto Blue. There are a large number of possibilities. Some examples,

1) Purge blue, seems unlikely.
2) Purge Green, seems unlikely.
3) Leave Green as a ghost town until the Green 2.0 gets rolled onto the old Green in a few years time.
4) Wait a few years before releasing Green 2.0
5) Never release Green 2.0
6) Release a fresh PvP server
Old 08-06-2021, 04:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon;3342568
"Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until [B
at least[/B] 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)." straight from https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743 of introducing project green by Nilbog
At least.
Means anything from 6months to never.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:48 AM
Fire Giant

Unrest was pretty busy yesterday, 30 or so people
We had a full group in basement and there was several others
Old 08-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I'm simply telling you what I know.

I agree with you that current Green would risk being a ghost town with a Green 2.0 with a non-fresh playerbase being split between Blue AND the old Green.

That however doesn't mean that they will roll Green onto Blue. There are a large number of possibilities. Some examples,

1) Purge blue, seems unlikely.
2) Purge Green, seems unlikely.
3) Leave Green as a ghost town until the Green 2.0 gets rolled onto the old Green in a few years time.
4) Wait a few years before releasing Green 2.0
5) Never release Green 2.0
6) Release a fresh PvP server
Are you gonna pay to keep multiple green servers open? Didn’t think so. Neither are the staff who pay for this out of their own pocket.

People are upset about the idea of a merge because it renders what they did on green meaningless. But that’s the fact of progression servers. Everything you do on them is essentially meaningless because there will always be a new server that everyone switches to. There’s no point to keeping green as a ghost town while opening another green; you merge it with blue because no one is playing on it anyway and the volunteer staff don’t have to pay just to satisfy your crying about your green characters.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you gonna pay to keep multiple green servers open? Didn’t think so. Neither are the staff who pay for this out of their own pocket.

People are upset about the idea of a merge because it renders what they did on green meaningless. But that’s the fact of progression servers. Everything you do on them is essentially meaningless because there will always be a new server that everyone switches to. There’s no point to keeping green as a ghost town while opening another green; you merge it with blue because no one is playing on it anyway and the volunteer staff don’t have to pay just to satisfy your crying about your green characters.
More servers do not have to come at extra cost. Also, I’d pay my bit np btw. The extra work would likely be minimal if it indeed were a ”dead” server after Fresh 2.0.

Also, I’m clearly not the one emptionally invested here. You got some manastones to flip or what?
Old 08-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More servers do not have to come at extra cost. Also, I’d pay my bit np btw. The extra work would likely be minimal if it indeed were a ”dead” server after Fresh 2.0.

Also, I’m clearly not the one emptionally invested here. You got some manastones to flip or what?
Lol wait the guy who doesn’t want them to merge because he doesn’t like blues economy is asking if I have manastones to flip? Sounds like you’re the one with legacy items you’re trying to sell, and you know it’s bad for you if they merge into another server because that only means more in circulation.

Also, yes more servers does come at extra cost. You think the server host is just gonna be like oh yeah sure open up for servers I won’t charge you at all! Lol what
Old 08-06-2021, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
More servers do not have to come at extra cost.
That's quite a claim to make ... do you have any basis whatsoever to make it, or do you just like to type the first thing that comes into your head, regardless of accuracy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's quite a claim to make ... do you have any basis whatsoever to make it, or do you just like to type the first thing that comes into your head, regardless of accuracy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plot twist: he’s the guy who owns the server farm
Old 08-07-2021, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Lol wait the guy who doesn’t want them to merge because he doesn’t like blues economy is asking if I have manastones to flip? Sounds like you’re the one with legacy items you’re trying to sell, and you know it’s bad for you if they merge into another server because that only means more in circulation.

Also, yes more servers does come at extra cost. You think the server host is just gonna be like oh yeah sure open up for servers I won’t charge you at all! Lol what
Assuming I play on Green, which I do, assuming I had a manastone, which I don’t, I’d gain value on manastone with a merge.

It was long since you had one server dedicated to running one game server. VM’s etc hahe changed all this. Would bandwidth significantly increase?
Old 08-07-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Assuming I play on Green, which I do, assuming I had a manastone, which I don’t, I’d gain value on manastone with a merge.

It was long since you had one server dedicated to running one game server. VM’s etc hahe changed all this. Would bandwidth significantly increase?
I don’t think you really understand how inflation/economics work or how servers work
Closed Thread