Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Paladin/Shadow Knight
2. Cleric
3. Enchanter
4. Bard
5. Wizard
6. Rogue

Bard and enchanter never in same group
if you have a knight you dont use a clr you use a shm

also no way charasis has that low of a zem it was huge on live
It's a problem with this server. For some reason the staff wants The Hole to be the only end-game dungeon with a high XP mod.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:32 PM
Orc

I disagree on the Bard never with Enchanter idea. Bard can fill the gaps and let the enchanter do the heavy CC lifting. Also frees up enchanter to be a bit less cautious on charms as bard is right there to lock it down should it break free. And it should increase the overall rate of pull having both.

And I don't see the rationale behind using shaman as heals if you have knight tanks. Cleric is best heals in the game, knights are best group tanks in the game. All of this points towards more efficiency and faster rate of pulls. Plus, if you have an enchanter shaman isn't really needed anyway.

And I also disagree with the sentiments regarding Wizards in groups. You will still have crazy ass trains every once in a while, so having Evac really smooths over the night/peace of mind. And Wizards are about double mana efficiency of magicians, so while I can agree that magicians have more overall dps in a group setting, I would still rather have the evac, roots, and on demand damage of the Wizard. I believe the majority of "wizard is worst class for groups sentiments" come from the fact that its easy for Wizards to afk under the guise of medding for mana. A well played Wizard in a group is a strong asset imo.

All that being said, I still believe this is an ideal group.
1. Paladin or SK
2. Cleric
3. Enchanter or Shaman
4. Bard
5. Rogue
6. Wizard

Blue: Tejin Tatsumaki (retired)
56 Dark Elf Magician ('09-'11)

Live: Azen Darkwood (retired)
65 Wood Elf Ranger ('00-'05)
Old 01-30-2021, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the spiral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree on the Bard never with Enchanter idea. Bard can fill the gaps and let the enchanter do the heavy CC lifting. Also frees up enchanter to be a bit less cautious on charms as bard is right there to lock it down should it break free. And it should increase the overall rate of pull having both.

And I don't see the rationale behind using shaman as heals if you have knight tanks. Cleric is best heals in the game, knights are best group tanks in the game. All of this points towards more efficiency and faster rate of pulls. Plus, if you have an enchanter shaman isn't really needed anyway.

And I also disagree with the sentiments regarding Wizards in groups. You will still have crazy ass trains every once in a while, so having Evac really smooths over the night/peace of mind. And Wizards are about double mana efficiency of magicians, so while I can agree that magicians have more overall dps in a group setting, I would still rather have the evac, roots, and on demand damage of the Wizard. I believe the majority of "wizard is worst class for groups sentiments" come from the fact that its easy for Wizards to afk under the guise of medding for mana. A well played Wizard in a group is a strong asset imo.

All that being said, I still believe this is an ideal group.
1. Paladin or SK
2. Cleric
3. Enchanter or Shaman
4. Bard
5. Rogue
6. Wizard
When I played my Bard on Blue (he's at 54) I always LOVED getting invited to a group with a Chanter -- was a real break and much more relaxed Barding.

Also with the Shaman ur getting the Malo line which is huge for charm duration (and basically required @ camp like fungi king)
Old 01-30-2021, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea bards dont add enough dps to justify the spot if they arent doing CC especially with a wizard whos going to wait to nuke

99% of groups didnt charm on live p99 is far from classic
I'd say that with a Chanter AND Bard both providing Mana regen that'd be REAL nice for Wizard DPS.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Also is this happening? I just hit 10 on my Troll Warrior would love to join. My main is 42 Shaman and with leveling him also there's no way I could make my alt a Knight.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I would be willing to play my 16 enchanter.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:46 AM
Banned

i have a 17 druid parked in unrest, can join the fun if you ever head there on that lvl range.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feracitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a 17 druid parked in unrest, can join the fun if you ever head there on that lvl range.
My Troll War hit 13 this weekend bringing him to train DW tonight then hopefully hit 15 for DA and shard proc then I'll be ready to start group tanking in earnest.

Gotta say playing large race Warrior for the first time has been fun - he hits like a truck and the regen is really nice when killing lower con blues
Old 02-01-2021, 01:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I have a 16 Enchanter I would be willing to play. I am free almost any time.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:57 AM
Orc

Nice! Yea my Bard is level 12 now. On Friday Squankle and I grouped up in Blackburrow. He was playing a wizard. We got a group together and up near the elites, but I think we were just a little low for the sweet spot of that group.

I'd like to get another group together, maybe we plan something for this Friday, 2/15/21 at 7PM CST? I'd like to try some dungeons I haven't spent much time in. How does Runnyeye sound? 200 ZEM. We can shoot for level 17ish?

Blue: Tejin Tatsumaki (retired)
56 Dark Elf Magician ('09-'11)

Live: Azen Darkwood (retired)
65 Wood Elf Ranger ('00-'05)
Last edited by ride the spiral; 02-01-2021 at 03:03 AM..
Closed Thread