Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 11:26 AM
Orc

Default The Dungeon Project

I have always wanted to explore each of the games dungeons, but usually find myself hitting the mainstays and never getting a chance to level in some dungeons. What I would like to do with my time on Green server is make sure that I xp in every dungeon in the game! There are a few dungeons on this list I have never grouped in and that needs to change! My plan is to try and spend 2 full levels in each dungeon, give or take.

The Dungeons, their level range, and their ZEM

*Qeynos Aqueducts: 1-15, 33-38, 125
Blackburrow: 4-15, 125
The Warrens: 4-25, 150
Upper Guk: 4-25, 125
Crushbone: 5-20, 125
Befallen: 7-25, 125
Runneyeye: 7-30, 150
Kurn's Tower: 10-25, 150
The Estate of Unrest: 10-35, 113
Permafrost: 15-35, 169
Najena: 15-35, 125
Cazic Thule: 19-45, 150
Solusek's Eye: 20-40, 125
Mistmoore Castle: 20-45, 87
*High Keep: 25-35, 112.5
The Crypt of Dalnir: 25-35, 100
Splitpaw Lair: 25-45, 150
The Mines of Nurga: 30-40, 75
Kaesora: 30-40, 110
Lower Guk: 30-50, 75
Kedge Keep: 32-50, 163
Temple of Droga: 35-45, 75
City of Mist: 35-55, 85
Nagafen's Lair: 40-55, 75
Karnor's Castle: 40-55, 85
The Hole: 40-60, 150
Old Sebilis: 48-60, 85
Chardok: 50-60, 85
Howling Stones: 50-60, 85

*Now, I can't actually spend 2 levels in each dungeon because my toon is already level 9! But that's ok, the 2 levels per dungeon is not a hard and fast rule. The only "dungeons" I think I would skip on this list is High Keep and Qeynos Aqueducts, because they are the least dungeony of the dungeons and I've already been there.

What I would like to do is make pre-made groups for most of these dungeons. If this is something you are interested in, you should subscribe to this thread and I'll make updates on it with what level I am and what dungeons I'm looking to get into.

My Ideal, pre-made group

1. Paladin/Shadow Knight
2. Cleric
3. Enchanter
4. Bard
5. Wizard
6. Rogue

Why these 6? Some are self explanatory like the Knights, Cleric, Enchanter. The Wizard is for on demand burst damage and Evac, Rogue is for sustained damage, corpse retrieval, and picking locks. Enchanter is main mez/charm, haste for tank, rogue, and bard, and clarity for cleric and wizard. I will be playing a Bard so I will be puller and back up mez/charm, mana/hp regen, attack buffs for tank and bard, [insert 15-20 more benefits here].

NOW... who would be interested in doing something like this? I realize we all have limited time so I can't expect one pre-made group to work for this entire challenge of mine. I think the best way to do this is to list the current dungeon I'm trying to work on and see if I can get some sign ups on here? I could possibly also make a Discord where it might be easier to facilitate sign ups or if more than one group is interested in taking up this challenge.

My free time is usually on Monday nights, Friday nights, and Saturdays. I work 8AM to 5PM CST, and I'm currently raiding in WOW on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Once the group is formed for a dungeon, with ideally the above classes, we could commit to 3 hours for weekdays and 5 hours on Saturdays.

I'm thinking I'll post responses to this thread for the Dungeon I'm working on, the date and time I allot for it, and have sign ups for the group. I might also have a meeting location. There will be sometimes where it probably makes more sense to meet in EC and port there with our wizard. Also, in the event the dungeon we are looking to work on is over populated, we can list an alternative dungeon for the night.

Since I'm already level 9, I will probably skip Qeynos Aqueducts. The first dungeon on the list is Blackburrow!

An important note for level ranges:
Since Green has hybrid exp penalty tax, I would like to try and keep the groups around the same total xp amount (https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience).

This means the following level variance would be more or less optimal:
1. Tank: -3 levels over baseline
2. Cleric: Baseline
3. Enchanter: -1 level over baseline
4. Bard: -3 levels over baseline
5. Wizard: -1 level over baseline
6. Rogue: +1 level over baseline

This is probably overthinking it, but figured its and important consideration to make sure those involved get equal (more or less) slices of the pie! I will prioritize sign ups based on Group Composition > Level Range > open group slots.

Blue: Tejin Tatsumaki (retired)
56 Dark Elf Magician ('09-'11)

Live: Azen Darkwood (retired)
65 Wood Elf Ranger ('00-'05)
Last edited by ride the spiral; 01-26-2021 at 11:40 AM..
Old 01-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Orc

Blackburrow. Level Range: 4-15. ZEM: 125
Date: Friday, 1/29/21 at 7PM CST
Meeting Location: Blackburrow Entrance

1. Tank:
2. Cleric:
3. Enchanter:
4. Bard: Gyarados (9 Human Bard)
5. Wizard:
6. Rogue

Especially for these lower level dungeons, I don't think the group composition is that important. Obviously Blackburrow is notorious for the trains, so having an enchanter would be very nice.

If you are interested in Blackburrow this Friday, please post your level, race, and class!

Last edited by ride the spiral; 01-26-2021 at 11:41 AM..
Old 01-26-2021, 12:20 PM
Large Rat

This seems fun. I have been wanting to play a wizard, and having a group to join would be cool. I can definitely get a wizard up to lvl 8-9 by Friday to join you.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Damn wish I had the time I would make a Paladin and we could get to work. Gotta get me an axe so I can say "and my axe"

I hope you find a gang!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:10 PM
Orc

Squankle, I will add you to the list. When you get a chance please let me know what your toons name will be! Hmm, I was also planning to edit my previous post, but I don't see the option? Can I only edit posts for like 5 minutes after the post is made??

Blackburrow. Level Range: 4-15. ZEM: 125
Date: Friday, 1/29/21 at 7PM CST
Meeting Location: Blackburrow Entrance

1. Tank:
2. Cleric:
3. Enchanter:
4. Bard: Gyarados (9 Human Bard)
5. Wizard: Squankle
6. Rogue

Last edited by ride the spiral; 01-26-2021 at 01:13 PM..
Old 01-26-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I could send a low teens necro or high teens warrior your way. Kurns is super packed though just FYI...may be hard to group there.

Also, your level ranges for Unrest may be slightly low. I think you’re going to want level 12 minimum for the yard, maybe slightly higher than that.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:25 PM
Orc

Yea the level ranges I posted are just the ones from the Wiki. Ideally we'll be hitting each dungeon in their sweet spot but that may not be feasible.

And yes, if a dungeon is too crowed we would likely just move to another dungeon in the range.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:21 PM
Orc

Still looking for 4 more for tonights Black Burrow group. Does not need to be the above classes, and no commitment to future groups, but if you're interested in tearing up some Gnolls (or going elsewhere if its overcamped) tonight from 7PM CST to 10PM CST either respond to this thread or send me a private message. (or /tell Gyarados).

Old 01-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the spiral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An important note for level ranges:
Since Green has hybrid exp penalty tax, I would like to try and keep the groups around the same total xp amount (https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience).

This means the following level variance would be more or less optimal:
1. Tank: -3 levels over baseline
2. Cleric: Baseline
3. Enchanter: -1 level over baseline
4. Bard: -3 levels over baseline
5. Wizard: -1 level over baseline
6. Rogue: +1 level over baseline
This is really not the way to do it. You are maximizing for an even distribution of raw exp per member per kill. However, it says nothing of kill rate. For example having an under leveled tank and enchanter is going to lower your kill rate bringing down overall exp.

The exp is going to get split up so you all level at the same speed, so maximize for total exp / required exp per hour and it will bring up everyone.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:25 PM
Orc

Thats a good point Keebz, thanks for the tip!

Closed Thread