Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-04-2023, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will always die on this controversial hill:

Rangers are better pullers than Monks*

*in outdoor zones
I agree with you 100%.. harmony is a guarantee easy mode single pull that's way easier and less annoying to do then feigning and refeigning just right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Its on my top 10 most powerful spells/powers in the game (though feign death beats it as a whole on that list) its still way better for specifically pulling outdoors then feign is. Who's gonna argue that anyway though? You'd be crazy to
Old 01-05-2023, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Even in indoor zones a ranger can pace a pull. Long duration root, pull 2 others. Switch target and toss grasping roots (about 30 seconds). Now in theory you have three spawns about 30 seconds apart. In Chardok lull animal can make for an easy split.

Monks are awesome. It sometimes takes some time for them to work. In low pressure situations with undead especially even SK’s can put pull them. Undead lull, snare, FD. Pick a zone like HS and profit.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Super fun class with lots of neat clickies and good fashion, amazing tracking good mobility and an unlimited clickie port.

there is no class gating on p99 raiding so no real downsides since you'll be accepted on any raid, I just wish bow dmg was a real thing as I enjoy ranged melee.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super fun class with lots of neat clickes and good fashion, there is no class gating on p99 so no real downsides since you'll be accepted on any raid, I just wish bow dmg was a real thing as I enjoy ranged melee.
TakP for super fun rangering, my friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sadly the population of actual different individual players was rather low last time I had a look-see over there at its population numbers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even in indoor zones a ranger can pace a pull. Long duration root, pull 2 others. Switch target and toss grasping roots (about 30 seconds). Now in theory you have three spawns about 30 seconds apart. In Chardok lull animal can make for an easy split.

Monks are awesome. It sometimes takes some time for them to work. In low pressure situations with undead especially even SK’s can put pull them. Undead lull, snare, FD. Pick a zone like HS and profit.
So you've put timer on the first two mobs at 30 second intervals. Out of the remaining 2 mobs you've aggroed one can be snared to give a bit of time between these two chasing you arriving in camp.

Likewise, you can drop a snare onto rooted mobs to further build the delay of it hitting camp.

It's quite fun trying to moderate the time the different adds take to hit camp so they arrive just as the previous mob dies.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-05-2023, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you've put timer on the first two mobs at 30 second intervals. Out of the remaining 2 mobs you've aggroed one can be snared to give a bit of time between these two chasing you arriving in camp.

Likewise, you can drop a snare onto rooted mobs to further build the delay of it hitting camp.

It's quite fun trying to moderate the time the different adds take to hit camp so they arrive just as the previous mob dies.
It is with some hesitation and embarrasment I will admit I dabbled for a month or 2 on a TLP live server during its limited/vanilla timeline. Yes the easier mechanics made it play quite differently than P99 but it was still fun chain-pulling kobolds and bats etc for at least a couple hours for a 4 or 5-man group in SolB as a ranger in just the manner you described. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keeping an eye on track just makes it even more fun competing for mobs or nameds against other players or groups in the area... Filling in as the tank occasionally can be fun too and everybody should hopefully know that generally ranger snap aggro beats that of monks by a pretty wide margin. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Exactly.

Depending on the distance maybe open with a snare. Enveloping Roots (1 min and 1.8 sec cast is great) one and grasping the second. Or whatever works for you.

Having a cheap 13 min snare and 3 root types is pretty great. This assuming you aren’t even snare parking via zoning to split the camp up really nice.

It’s a great point to stack snare. You are just making life easier for everyone. Without a Druid in the group keeping a charmed pet snared also keeps the risk lower once buffed/torched.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-05-2023 at 05:15 PM..
Old 01-06-2023, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger is probably my favorite all-around class. Assuming this was like the old Firiona Vie server and I could only play one character, that’s what I’d pick. Fortunately it’s not and I’ve been able to fully embrace my alt-itis.

I love dual wield DPS classes. They have a 40% haste cloak, a good slow weapon in their epic, an easy obtained 40% haste also in their epic. They do competitive DPS, they have the best fashion quest in the game. They’re a blast to play all around!
Old 01-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

C3P0 with twin lightning prods god tier fashion (all Ewoks agree).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-06-2023, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely forgot that you prefer bi-sexual female Iksar who wear blue lipstick and have big swollen cauliflowet ears from boxing, and that you think people like me should be sent to hell for being aligned with nature which you call "misogynistic".