Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-05-2022, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question though, what *would* be the process I should go through if I do want something like Brain Bite or Phenocryst's Focus?
Show up in KC/CoM, try to get in a group, don't necessarily rely on the guild. If you get a group, and it doesn't have an enchanter/necro, maybe ask in guild if someone can swing by just to charm it for you.

Or, honestly? Just don't do them. You absolutely do not need Concussion and that item isn't _that_ good compared to a Sorcerous Bowl / Book of Obulus type setup.

Concussion can get resisted and until you're 60 hitting for big numbers, you don't do the damage nor do you have the mana to genuinely need it. You can wait to start nuking until like 60% and you'll run out of mana before the thing is dead depending on what it is. And if its a 32k HP boss, it'll be dead LONG before you need to press Concussion.

And if you join the guild at level 55 or whatever, and you stick with them until you're 60, that's a real long time to meet people and coordinate doing that at some point down the road.

EDIT-- and if you want to do that crystal quest anyways, do absolutely everything in it that you can by yourself so that people would just need to show up to assist with whatever needs killing.
Last edited by Kich867; 10-05-2022 at 07:18 PM..
Old 10-05-2022, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, honestly? Just don't do them. You absolutely do not need Concussion and that item isn't _that_ good compared to a Sorcerous Bowl / Book of Obulus type setup.
Today I actually don't care about getting Concussion anymore, but at the time I didn't know about the situation. I did eventually hear that it takes like 8 casts or some such to negate just one Sunstrike spell. Not really that worth it.

Call me weird but I actually do want that Focus one day though. It looks cooler than a bowl and book imo, it actually *is* better than either one stat-wise, and that's precisely the thing I mean when I say "something that can't just be bought in EC", that feels out of reach.

Also call me weird but I'm really not a fan of the Book of Obulus model. How a person doesn't get hand cramps constantly holding the book like that, especially while running, casting and fighting at the same time, is beyond me. xD

Thank you for the advice though, I do genuinely appreciate it.
Last edited by tadkins; 10-05-2022 at 07:17 PM..
Old 10-05-2022, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Hang out with people in your guild. Be chill, do stuff with them. When it's time,ask for help. May take a time or 2 but you'll get a group to help you with your goal.

Wizards are largely a solo class, but that doesn't mean you can't do guild stuff.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Banned

tadkins if it makes you feel better - i ragequit my guild during Live after no one wanting to help me do the Phenocryst bit right after killing Woushi, no less while we were all still in the god damn zone

roll a Necro to be self sufficient AND/OR socialize when you feel like it - you'll be happier for it
Old 10-05-2022, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hang out with people in your guild. Be chill, do stuff with them. When it's time,ask for help. May take a time or 2 but you'll get a group to help you with your goal.

Wizards are largely a solo class, but that doesn't mean you can't do guild stuff.
I know that Wizards mostly solo, but there are wizard things that require groups and I know there are wizards out there who've gotten them. See plenty of wizards out in the wild with their epics. Figured there was some kind of secret behind that. But yep I will do that, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tadkins if it makes you feel better - i ragequit my guild during Live after no one wanting to help me do the Phenocryst bit right after killing Woushi, no less while we were all still in the god damn zone

roll a Necro to be self sufficient AND/OR socialize when you feel like it - you'll be happier for it
Those are the guilds that seriously upset me, and the exact type I seem to find myself in regularly, lols. Hence the stress I feel regarding them. I'm sorry that happened to you, it's precisely the thing I fear with group content in this game.

Necros are cool, but I just don't identify with them much. I've played every class in this game for a time except for warrior, and Wizard is the one I always come back to. Just a fan of it playstyle-wise and thematics-wise. Being able to traverse the cosmos and all. The 2nd place class for me is Mage, but...their epic is too scary lmao. I could never play one here.

Just genuinely love wizards, and they'd be perfect if not for the social stigma.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:04 PM
Banned

i too loved the idea of being a wizard, hence my live decision - only wish i had tried a Necro then because the class actually FEELS like what a powerful wizard should be

oh wow i can kill everything by myself
oh wow i can regenerate mana
oh wow i can heal people and stun and mez
oh wow i can mind control undead minions to do my bidding
oh wow i can escape death by harm shield or feign death

its insane dood
Old 10-05-2022, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i too loved the idea of being a wizard, hence my live decision - only wish i had tried a Necro then because the class actually FEELS like what a powerful wizard should be

oh wow i can kill everything by myself
oh wow i can regenerate mana
oh wow i can heal people and stun and mez
oh wow i can mind control undead minions to do my bidding
oh wow i can escape death by harm shield or feign death

its insane dood
You just have to swear fealty to an evil god, be forced to commit horrific unspeakable deeds, be surrounded by diseases and dead things all day, and accept being scorned by the rest of the world. Not to mention regularly feel your very skin peel off your bones.

I can see the appeal but sometimes I just want to have a drink in Kelethin in peace. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2022, 09:11 PM
Banned

fair enough, i was good back then too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2022, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
fair enough, i was good back then too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are times when I feel super tempted to be evil. The evil guilds in the game tend to have the best theme music/aesthetics, and it's honestly nice not having to be super concerned about faction. I'm sitting here trying to justify why a Brell following gnome wizard would destroy things in the Plane of Growth, if I ever have to raid that place one day. Kind of a nasty dilemma the devs put on us as players.

Been a troll shaman, dark elf SK, human and iksar necro, and an evil human wizard, rogue and cleric on this server. It's definitely fun, no question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2022, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Chortles what is going on here. You’re engaging in nice, normal conversation instead of posting memes. Have you suffered a glitch?