Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-04-2022, 10:07 PM
Banned

Please allow me to advocate for red 2.0 to be FFA, item loot, vanilla locked, and all lvls with no PnP.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please allow me to advocate for red 2.0 to be FFA, item loot, vanilla locked, and all lvls with no PnP.
Solve the problem with a server that'd give the OP's bully even more avenues to grief and torment him?
Old 10-04-2022, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solve the problem with a server that'd give the OP's bully even more avenues to grief and torment him?
How so? Op and Ops bully are on a much more level playing field without moderators calling the shots. Then it comes down to socially engineering ur fellow players OR playing better (picking a better class, actually getting gud, like using clickies). Instead of mod manipulation. MMOs are supposed to be about the former (social engineering) not the latter (exploitation of the rules, manipulation of the developer or moderators).

The truth is. Only the sick are good at the latter. The good are good at the former. So ppl who actually have fun socializing in constructive and creative ways don't actually play on blue or green.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

By "mod manipulation" are you just talking about rule enforcement? 'Cause a server without rules where everyone can just do whatever they want to each other sounds like a miserable experience, tbh.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:07 PM
Banned

Thats what happens now.

There are fewer good ppl. And more bad ppl. That's why there are more ppl in hell (bluegreen) than red (heaven) only the richeous can survive free will. Where as the sinners need Satan to show himself through his power authority and providence over others, rules. Aka domination.

Also know as lawful evil. The biggest difference is on an FFA pvp no pnp server it's the players themselves that make and enforce rules and consent. Rather than the corrupt few who selectively enforce rules "to the best of their frail human abilities". Against consent. Because sometimes the rules are enforced, sometimes not. For the benefit of the most persistent and effective liars and manipulators. With no chance if you enforcing your own rule independently. Which kind of bullying is better? Healthier? More sane? Best to live free rather than queue up subjugated and restrained behind artificial and seldom accurately or equally enforced limits.

In all my 23 years of Everquest. This I have learned.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:09 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a career where I get to play a capitalist cutthroat who maintains compliance through fear of retribution. Know what I don't want to do in my off time? The same thing but unpaid.

I've enjoyed playing on this PNP server where I can be kind, help others out, and not be potentially screwed by others at any given moment. If some poopsockers want to experience that, they can go play on a nonPNP red server.

One other thing, your definition of what an MMO is, is just that, your definition. Not THE definition and certainly not my definition.

Thanks for sharing your perspective though.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

I don't agree. This does happen now, but us regular players have a recourse against those who break the rules and grief us. In your world I wouldn't be allowed to have that option, and those without an army of friends to come to our aid would have absolutely no way to handle our bullies. Not everyone's going to be strong enough to handle that, especially if I were a 30ish enchanter against a 50ish necromancer.

Not everyone's interested in that kind of of harsh cutthroat dog-eat-dog world. RL is already enough like that and I already struggle there. Game doesn't need to be that way either.

Edit: replying to magnetaress there
Last edited by tadkins; 10-04-2022 at 11:19 PM..
Old 10-04-2022, 11:20 PM
Banned

The point is to become strong enough. That's life's most greatest quest and the purpose of it. Then to pass that strength on to others.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Not everyone can become strong. I prefer a world where we have compassion and empathy for one another. With order and stability and a place in it for everyone, even the weak.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have a career where I get to play a capitalist cutthroat who maintains compliance through fear of retribution. Know what I don't want to do in my off time? The same thing but unpaid.
This just described my experience on green perfectly. Thank you. Lol. Especially if I try to be honorable. Or take matters into my own hands. Or spare begging the elites for "help".

Sorry, being at the mercy of those with privileges and fraps isn't at all fun. Especially when it's so easy to bot and script, and make throw away accounts as a metagame yet having no desire to break those rules myself.
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-04-2022 at 11:28 PM..