Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-24-2022, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No he’s’ not. He is making fun of your broken logic. Did you miss the not-so-hidden analogy?
No, you are simply too stupid to understand it's a bad comparison[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

His insult only works if the math problems were comparable. They are not.

My logic is fine, and it isn't difficult to play Everquest efficiently.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Oh I saw Vexenu's post, was pretty spot-on and hilarious.

You've already proven yourself one of the biggest fools on these forums, especially if you think Vex was being 1:1 100% literal with that comparison. Your density rivals lead or gold, holy shit.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I saw Vexenu's post, was pretty spot-on and hilarious.

You've already proven yourself one of the biggest fools on these forums, especially if you think Vex was being 1:1 100% literal with that comparison. Your density rivals lead or gold, holy shit.
Yet another person who doesn't understand math if you think it's a 1:1 comparison.

Lol you believe Everquest is more difficult than running from Los Angeles to New York at sprint speed. You are a fool.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is always going to make this type of debate unending because utility doesn't have a set value and doesn't show up on a convenient log parser. Different folks value it differently. I've had that argument before in game with couple of friends who had a monk and shaman duo. After a friendly competition we were all slightly surprised to see the wife and I (sk/shaman) had more kills over a 5 hour period than they did because they died a couple times and we did not. Even that could've gone the other way. At the end of the game EQ's a fairly loosely-tuned game and offers different ways of achieving success. That success *is* a finite end point: There reaches a point in any player's career where there is no more loot he cares about, where platinum no longer matters. Nearly any group discussed in this thread could reach such a point and in truth there won't be THAT much difference in how long it takes them to get there given equal effort.
This was awesome to hear. Sk/Shaman is probably my favorite duo. I've seen Monk/Shaman wipe on something like gwurms because the monk could not pull aggro from the shaman while the shaman was trying to slow & torpor himself. You would not have this issue with a SK. It is unfortunate that they are not more liked here. But it's not surprising, because monks can put out more dps, despite the sk having more utility. Monks can also mitigate better, but after hitting that necessary utility(FD/tank), it's all about DPS. The remaining safety utility the SK offers(snare, multiple FDs, insta aggro, etc) is just less important to most people.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

I think I found the issue guys, DSM literally can't read.

If anyone thinks that, it's you, clearly. You proved my point about you being dense as fuck with 1 post, nicely done.
Last edited by Karanis; 08-24-2022 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: a
Old 08-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I found the issue guys, DSM literally can't read.

If anyone thinks that, it's you, clearly.
Lol someone doesn't understand a joke[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry you honestly think Vexenu's post made any sense.

In Everquest terms, his example would be like someone saying "It's easy to fight Avatar of War with your bare fists as a Mage, solo."

It's basically an impossible scenario that cannot happen.

I am surprised you believe people cannot Torpor/Cannibalize at a fairly efficient rate. It's really easy to do, and most Torpor Shamans are already doing it. It is far from impossible, so I don't know how you think the comparison works at all.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-24-2022 at 07:05 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's where most people probably differ in this thread.

From my years of experience a bit of extra DPS isn't worth the extra risk. Most mobs have pretty low HP in this game, so kill speeds are generally fine unless you are purposely trying to make the slowest group comp you possibly could.

Even one group wipe destroys the DPS advantage of a Mage vs. a Shaman. At best you are set back 10-30 minutes (if you are lucky), at worst your group disbands hehe.

Adding 30 DPS to a group with 2x Enchanter pets is going to give you a lot less benefit than the extra utility and safety a Shaman has to offer. Never wiping is a good way to out-perform a high DPS group that is wiping.
I think you slightly overvalue utility. That very well may be your experience, but I think on average most people want to level/kill as fast as possible and they will likely take more dps with a small chance of dying over more utility with almost no chance of dying. This is because this game isn't that hard, most of us have put in the hours to master it by now, and people just want to be efficient with their time. Having potentially wasted utility is not efficient. Having more dps is always efficient if you can avoid death, which generally you can. CRs also are relatively pretty easy on this server. Almost everybody has access to a rogue/necro/sk to help retrieve their corpse or if not people are usually pretty friendly and willing to help out.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you slightly overvalue utility. That very well may be your experience, but I think on average most people want to level/kill as fast as possible and they will likely take more dps with a small chance of dying over more utility with almost no chance of dying. This is because this game isn't that hard, most of us have put in the hours to master it by now, and people just want to be efficient with their time. Having potentially wasted utility is not efficient. Having more dps is always efficient if you can avoid death, which generally you can. CRs also are relatively pretty easy on this server. Almost everybody has access to a rogue/necro/sk to help retrieve their corpse.
And I think you overvalue DPS[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The game isn't hard, and mobs die fast, even with sub-optimal groups.

The most efficient thing you can do is not die, and mistakes happen, especially when people are semi-afk watching netflix.

If you have 2x Enchanters with Charmed pets, a Mage really isn't doing much. If you really cared about more DPS and think you can survive at all costs, you would run 3x Enchanters and a Cleric for better DPS. You also wouldn't watch Netflix hehe. Either way a Mage loses out.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-24-2022 at 07:06 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bruh did you see the kael racer video? Someone researched for months to notice a milliseconds difference to try and prove someone cheated, and they ended up changing the rules for the aow/statue encounter after that. The examples they provided was more in depth than most people's college capstone projects .
lol i did...that was rnf gold

i guess racing / cothing is a milliseconds thing...you got me there

POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP
Old 08-24-2022, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Mage provides survivability, by having a pet to tank in case both Charm pets break at the same time, and Malosini to make the Charms more reliable. It's the highest DPS option for the group while maintaining stability. Not hard to understand.