Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-20-2022, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get an epic mage with pet focus to post some parses and shut this moron up please?
Epic Pet is so rare on this server it's not really relevant. Unless you know an Epic Mage you aren't going to be grouping with them often. There are more Torpor Shamans than Epic Mages hehe. People don't screen for gear on P99 for the most part either, so they won't know whether or not the Mage they are getting has their Epic if it is a pickup group. The assumption would be they wouldn't have it.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Big difference between disco and myconids. Are your fungus king groups regularly trying to root/rot all those priests and reavers? Mine sure didn't and with the resist rates being what they were I don't see why they would have wanted to. Definitely have done plenty of the multi-target-dotting in weaker areas especially when someone wanted experience but we were talking all 60's here.

At any rate we seem to be on the same page more or less in that neither shaman nor magician is quite in the top tier for rounding out this particular group. That's good enough for me. My vote's for third enchanter or necromancer.

Danth
Old 08-20-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big difference between disco and myconids. Are your fungus king groups regularly trying to root/rot all those priests and reavers? Mine sure didn't and with the resist rates being what they were I don't see why they would have wanted to. Definitely have done plenty of the multi-target-dotting in weaker areas especially when someone wanted experience but we were talking all 60's here.

At any rate we seem to be on the same page more or less in that neither shaman nor magician is quite in the top tier for rounding out this particular group. That's good enough for me. My vote's for third enchanter or necromancer.

Danth
In a Fungi King group you don't pick a Mage. The normal setup would be Monk or SK/Enchanter/Shaman and a Cleric (player or alt camped for reses). People try not to run a 6 man group so everybody has a better shot at a tunic.

Fungi King is a perfect example of a camp where you aren't trying to maximize DPS. You want safety so you can keep the camp. Nothing is worse than a wipe and another group moves in. That is why a Shaman's utility is so important for Fungi King camp. You don't need to root/rot mobs because the puller isn't trying to bring in a bunch of mobs. You just kill the PH.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-20-2022 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-20-2022, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic Pet is so rare on this server it's not really relevant. Unless you know an Epic Mage you aren't going to be grouping with them often. There are more Torpor Shamans than Epic Mages hehe. People don't screen for gear on P99 for the most part either, so they won't know whether or not the Mage they are getting has their Epic if it is a pickup group. The assumption would be they wouldn't have it.
Ahhh so the shaman can have epic but the mage can't. Got it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2022, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

I wish loramins strategy guide spoiled all the neckbeard high end camps instead of the lowbie fun classic magical camps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin make it focus on all these neckbeard camps so they get all overcrowded and their sploits get nerfed!
Old 08-20-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahhh so the shaman can have epic but the mage can't. Got it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yes. Shaman Epic is EXTREMELY common. Child's Tear is basically given away for free in high end guilds, the DKP value is just so cheap.

Good luck seeing even 1 Earth Staff in months of raiding, and another player will probably out-bid you.

Also remember that for a good portion of a server's life Child's Tears are even easier to get (before Fear revamp). This means even more Shamans can get their Epics for cheaper during this time.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-20-2022 at 06:10 PM..
Old 08-20-2022, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi King is a perfect example of a camp where you aren't trying to maximize DPS. You want safety so you can keep the camp. Nothing is worse than a wipe and another group moves in.
Yup. That's one factor which makes the necromancer nice--feign/rez is really good for maintaining presence in contested areas.

Per the rest of your post, normally I agree but we're already in oddball land because of the arbitrary "only casters as primary characters" rule the thread started with. Valid enough to say that someone out of this group is likely switching to a monk alt if they go down to fungus king because realistically someone probably would.

Danth
Old 08-20-2022, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. That's one factor which makes the necromancer nice--feign/rez is really good for maintaining presence in contested areas.

Per the rest of your post, normally I agree but we're already in oddball land because of the arbitrary "only casters as primary characters" rule the thread started with. Valid enough to say that someone out of this group is likely switching to a monk alt if they go down to fungus king because realistically someone probably would.

Danth
Lol agreed, I haven't seen too many Necromancer pullers at Fungi King. Not to say they couldn't do it, but Monk/SK is generally preferred.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:09 PM
Banned

Okay guys I figured it out. I solved the riddle! The best 4 man caster group is: Enc, Enc, Shm, Clr. The shaman has epic and torpor and 100% fully BiS gear with every clicky. The group has 4 rooted mobs to dot in camp at all times and they all live for exactly 1.5 minutes for the best shaman epic click dps efficiency. The cleric logs out between CH's on the charm pets to log in his necro to twitch the shaman so they have more mana to cast bane/pox. Your only other option if you choose not to bring shaman is a naked mage with a cracked staff or an enchanter that never bought charm. Shaman is obviously superior you idiots!

Phew... Thank god solved that mystery!
Old 08-20-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Okay guys I figured it out. I solved the riddle! The best 4 man caster group is: Enc, Enc, Shm, Clr. The shaman has epic and torpor and 100% fully BiS gear with every clicky. The group has 4 rooted mobs to dot in camp at all times and they all live for exactly 1.5 minutes for the best shaman epic click dps efficiency. The cleric logs out between CH's on the charm pets to log in his necro to twitch the shaman so they have more mana to cast bane/pox. Your only other option if you choose not to bring shaman is a naked mage with a cracked staff or an enchanter that never bought charm. Shaman is obviously superior you idiots!

Phew... Thank god solved that mystery!
When you can't win with logic and facts, you go with the sarcasm. Come back when you have evidence of a Mage's superiority please. I will gladly take a look.

Remember when I said I was talking about level 60 groups, and that Mage is better than a Shaman in lower levels groups? No, because you don't really read[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-20-2022 at 06:14 PM..