Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Default Porting druids..some questions

I'm considering leveling a druid up to 34 to make some extra plat to twink my paladin. Looking for some input for those of you who port regularly. Do you think it's worth it, how much plat do you make per hour/session on average? Could I stop leveling the druid at 34 with most of the ports or is 39 necessary for the last few? Thanks pals
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-13-2023, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

I think the standard, is 1plat per level. That's what i donate. But ill add more depending on the situation, but never less.
Old 02-13-2023, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I'd level to 44 for CS and WL. Can have a wiz TL you to CS w/o a key and just pick up the tooth.

You'll always have that 44 druid if you get bored of your other chars.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd level to 44 for CS and WL. Can have a wiz TL you to CS w/o a key and just pick up the tooth.

You'll always have that 44 druid if you get bored of your other chars.

This is true, I might end up liking the druid. Shaman is my favorite class and druid is sorta similar. I feel like they are not wanted much in groups though.

Anyone got some #s on average plat per hour porting?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-13-2023, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true, I might end up liking the druid. Shaman is my favorite class and druid is sorta similar. I feel like they are not wanted much in groups though.
The key is being proficient at charming animals.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just take what ever someone offers you. I've made 1k in a few hours and then spent a whole day just to make 200p. It just depends.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

The typical donation amount is either ~30p or 1p/level, varies from person to person. Once in a while you'll get some newbie or corpse-runner who can't really give you anything, and you just have to smile and do it anyway.

The amount you make per hour depends on a lot of things--what time of the day, how many others are porting, how annoying your name is to type (don't call yourself Illirnmil or some shit) and whether or not the big guilds are raiding at that time.

But during peak hours when the server is at like 1k+ population, you can probably expect 200-500/hour. You'll want to have access to Clarity during busy times or you won't have the mana to accommodate all requests.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:51 PM
Kobold

I used to port for tips a lot on Blue. It's not big money and you'd honestly have better results just farming, but it's a way to save up funds while also feeling good that you're helping out people in the community while taking a break from the typical grind.

On average you get around 40-50p per port (as low as 15p, as high as 100p+). Once in a while someone with fat stacks will commission your personal help and reward you with a bigger tip. If someone is naked and doing a corpse run, those are usually free (but pays dividends down the road for cultivating a reputation of being nice).

In a way porting is sort of like having a minimum wage job - you're not gonna get rich with it, but if you work hard and long enough hours you can save up for the things you need. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2023, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true, I might end up liking the druid. Shaman is my favorite class and druid is sorta similar.
FWIW, my Shaman was my first main here, and then for my second character I made a Druid "just to have a porter" ... and wound up having a blast with him, leveling him all the way to 60.

Quote:
I feel like they are not wanted much in groups though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The key is being proficient at charming animals.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(And, as a side note, a high level Shaman is a great character to take out to Lake of Ill Omen to acquire a Goblin Ring for your Druid; with the pet you can easily hold down the 2-spawn camp.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2023 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-13-2023, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Can have a wiz TL you to CS w/o a key and just pick up the tooth.
Really? Is that a bug?

-Mcoy