Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-19-2023, 04:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
M&M just won't be good. Period. Nice pipe dream, but in practice it's gonna run like a clunky browser-based game.

Green2.0 isn't happening wake up and smell the bullshit.
How is it that you are SO CERTAIN of 2 things, that are completely beyond your control? Occam's razor seems to apply.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:40 PM
Aviak

what made Green so great was that most people (even blue players) didn't really know about the nuances of classic. They had been in Velious so long that most of that knowledge had disappeared or been forgotten.

I was in the top guild (Seal Team) and I remember most people didnt know about going under the bridge for Naggy raids, or how to pull Hate 1.0.

Most people on Green do now, because those events from the classic experience were only a couple years ago and relatively fresh. If they release a new server now, I dont imagine it will have the same feel of wonder because Green release is still relatively fresh and that knowledge of Classic hasnt really left the players yet.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:26 AM
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2023, 10:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

New server please!
Old 06-20-2023, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what made Green so great was that most people (even blue players) didn't really know about the nuances of classic. They had been in Velious so long that most of that knowledge had disappeared or been forgotten.

I was in the top guild (Seal Team) and I remember most people didnt know about going under the bridge for Naggy raids, or how to pull Hate 1.0.

Most people on Green do now, because those events from the classic experience were only a couple years ago and relatively fresh. If they release a new server now, I dont imagine it will have the same feel of wonder because Green release is still relatively fresh and that knowledge of Classic hasnt really left the players yet.
Of course someone from ST would be against it. If everything just resets, then what would all that no-lifing had been for ?
Old 06-21-2023, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Okay...

I think it's time to stop the radio silence.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course someone from ST would be against it. If everything just resets, then what would all that no-lifing had been for ?
That’s why it should be on a 3- or 4-year schedule. People can get it out of their system, and everyone else can play it like it’s a game.
Old 06-21-2023, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I didn't realize this was a loot thing, thought it was an experience thing. Weird attack but I guess this is where I say sorry you don't got.
Old 06-21-2023, 12:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

A new server with a lack of loot is the experience. The problem with Green / Blue is that everyone has so much loot that the experience really isn't classic anymore. Even if you recruit enough new players to attempt to take on classic raids, you will simply not get the opportunity because larger guilds invade. The divide between top guilds and other guilds will be shorter on a new server. Additionally, the time to kill for guilds will be increased too, leading to less divide and conquer-like tactics.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Back in the day I used to server hop to new servers as they opened just to keep having the fresh experience.