Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Hybrid penalties...

So I started a bard last week (my first toon on P99) ....and wow is XP slow as crap. I'm honestly thinking of rerolling into a warrior or rogue.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Play what you want to and what you’ll enjoy.

If you’re enjoying your play time while levelling then hybrids have the benefit of having greater playtime before they run out of levels.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Time to put on your man-pants and get to grinding. If you just started last week, I'd guess you're only in your teens? Every class is gonna feel super slow to you when you get a few more levels.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to put on your man-pants and get to grinding. If you just started last week, I'd guess you're only in your teens? Every class is gonna feel super slow to you when you get a few more levels.
I wish, currently level 9. I think I may just locate my man-pants (buried deep in my closet) and get to grinding.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:49 PM
Aviak

its slow no matter what youre playing, just make sure its something you like
Old 04-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Orc

Sorry to say this, but Bard has by far the fastest exp at higher levels. Can CRUISE through by kiting mobs. My bard friend did level 59 in one day. 59 took my warrior constant play for a solid week to get done. Warrior is by far the hardest and requires grouping all the way through. Rogue, while requiring grouping, can at least sneak down to groups in dungeons.

Just some helpful advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malykor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I started a bard last week (my first toon on P99) ....and wow is XP slow as crap. I'm honestly thinking of rerolling into a warrior or rogue.
You know what's great about leveling my Ogre SK? You meet so many new people! You get a group and you're like hi guys and then it's all nice and social and at the end of the day you add someone to your friends list. And then two days later you're like welp time to get some exp and now you have five new faces because those guys from two days ago are four levels higher and busy. Then in thirteen years when you top out you can be like hey everybody and they're all like hey we remember you and then they say you can be off-tank on the next raid and I'm like thanks freinds!

edit: what was my point? oh yea...play the class you enjoy playing because once you max out your level you won't worry about whether you spend x or 2x hours to get there.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 04-21-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-21-2020, 12:57 PM
Banned

And if we unroot the dragons again for some good R&F you wont be playing the max level character for more than 10 minutes anyway on average.

You get loot to look sharp on the character select screen.

Edit: Unless you join the pulling team, then you get to put on purty pink makeup and fluffy shirts because all stream cameras on you. As a bard that probably sounds appealing, make sure to give plenty of limp-wrist waves to the fans and jagged toof smiles as you pass by.

NToV Pulling sponsored by Monster Energy and Kotex
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-21-2020 at 01:11 PM..
Old 04-21-2020, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Oh god I tried playing a bard I really did. But then learned what you have to do if you're a really good bard and I was like no, if I can't be a good bard I won't be any kind of bard at all.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

You picked a great class OP. It's slow for everyone past a certain point, as others pointed out, so just try not to look at the exp bar and focus on having fun. The levels will come.

Just don't take the path to the dark side and try swarming your way to 50. Unless you're an expert in the class, you'll just end up being another bad bard that knows how to kite, but not how to bard.
Closed Thread