Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-19-2024, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Default Everquest is a gift

I'm just coming back, so excuse the excitement, but there is really no game like Project 1999. I've tried countless games over the years, and while each one has aspects that are entertaining, they just don't hold a candle to Everquest.

I don't seem to find anything that keeps me playing longer than a few weeks or a season, and it grows tiresome learning new mechanics and systems only to forget them in a few weeks or a weekend in some cases. There is no game like EQ where you can progress for 7 months, take a long break (2 years in my case), and then come back to potentially pick up the pieces and continue progressing. Everything is just so lasting. The feeling of progression is truly satisfying.

Of course, coming back, I'm a little worried about how addictive it all can be, but I think I've come to a realization in that regard: EverQuest is a gift. It's a rare thing to want to wake up and immediately jump into something you are passionate about. Of course now I'm at work thinking about EverQuest.. but time and place lol.

When it comes to how deep EQ can go, I've only ever been 2/3rds of the way down, but even those memories are some of the best. The depth and complexity of EverQuest, along with its unique community and gameplay mechanics are really perfect.

My main was a level 60 necromancer on Blue in the past, and I lived in HS. Very fun zone to master. But being intrigued with the solo/duo artist challenge, though, I think I will either continue my level 55 shaman on Green or start an Enchanter and experience it all over again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by solidious77; 03-19-2024 at 11:45 AM..
Old 03-19-2024, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

One of us! One of us!
Old 03-19-2024, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Agree with you OP. Just rolled a new alt last week and I was thinking about this while playing. Like there's no other game that keeps me coming back over and over (outside of PUBG but those are two very different things haha) and it's truly a blessing that the P99 devs and staff work their tails off so that we can not only play classic EQ but also basically do it whenever we want (including taking a multi-year break if you wanted to and being sure you can always come back because they keep the lights on for us).
Old 03-19-2024, 09:10 PM
Skeleton

Best game ever been back 5 weeks since my 99 to 08.. and the people on green are nice and helpful....
Old 03-25-2024, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Totally agree. Have played it since 99 and started here in '09, and there is STILL tons of content I've never even seen, entire classes I've never tried playing. I can see how dated the graphics are but I honestly don't care, it doesn't impact the sense of investment in my character at all.

There's just something about modern games now... they always feel hollow and rushed, like they're in a permanent state of development. I played Diablo 4 up until like lvl 40 and never once gave a crap about what gear I had, I often forget to even allocate skill points on level up, and it's just not very memorable or compelling. The whole time I'm playing it I'm just thinking about what I wanna do next in EQ lol.