Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

leave it how it is imo, that is how it was on classic and it added a certain dynamic (sometimes good, sometimes bad)

more rules/restrictions is never a good thing, why eliminate the possibility of 2 dozen eyepatch faced lowbies taking over the boat etc.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What weapon skills are you talking about?
I dont think a cleric can out dps any melee with out spells? Clerics dont even have bash in classic. Keep dreaming :P
I've known some very good battle clerics in my time. It is a shame that clerics won't have bash, which was of course a huge benefit, but here they will find a good 2hb weapon and joust like a pro. Of course they'll lose most of the time on boats, but at least they can put a big dent in those hp :P
Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

this was classic and is one of the fun parts of the pvp servers in eq. Trying to hide and dodge melee long enough if you're a caster on a boat, hoping invis doesn't break, etc.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

i know spells didnt work on boats in live pvp but i thought bard songs did. I thought i remember getting dotted and snared by a bard back in 1999 on qeynos boat but im not certain, can anyone distinctly deny/confirm?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

I remember not being able to use songs on boats. You could keep whatever song you had playing, but if you stopped it/zoned you couldn't start a new one. Of course, this may have been changed at some point to appease casters, and I'm remembering life after the change..
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Pirate Guild FTW. Keep melee on boats.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Aviak

This is pretty lame. i don't care because I play a melee, but think about having to get your body from an unknown location at the bottom of the ocean of tears. A Melee with a bow can pretty much kill any caster with ease since it shoots through the walls of the boat.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Either make an earnest effort to "fix" the game by opening up every aspect of to tweaking and re-balancing or leave it alone.

Selectively quashing the more quaint and relatively inconsequential aspects of EQ's hilariously broken PVP while leaving the broader issues alone is just silly.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulLeech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Selectively quashing the more quaint and relatively inconsequential aspects of EQ's hilariously broken PVP while leaving the broader issues alone is just silly.
Inconsequential? Really? So getting attacked on a boat and getting killed out in the middle of nowhere in OOT and having to waste CSR time retrieving that corpse for someone is inconsequential? When it can easily be avoided by disabling it in the first place?

If there were places where casters could cast but melee could not fight back at all there would a huge outcry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inconsequential? Really? So getting attacked on a boat and getting killed out in the middle of nowhere in OOT and having to waste CSR time retrieving that corpse for someone is inconsequential? When it can easily be avoided by disabling it in the first place?

If there were places where casters could cast but melee could not fight back at all there would a huge outcry.
Like the sky when they levitate? Just sayin...