Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default P99 Auction site is coming back?

Someone in /ooc was saying that P99 Auction site was coming back only it would not be keeping an average price of items, or do any tracking of prices.

They said it would only keep a live stream available, and also show the past auctions in the last 30 days if you searched an item then looked at it's history.

If this is true, I am happy. I don't care so much about the prices being kept track of etc., or showing an "average" price of what the supposed going rate is.

I just miss the Live Stream facet mostly of P99 Auction site, but having a history shown of an item on past auctions would be cool too I suppose.

Anyone else heard this rumor yet? Or can confirm it's true?
Old 11-18-2016, 07:13 PM
Kobold

I hope the auction site comes back. I used to have it on in my other monitor while playing P1999. I used to buy and sell much more but not anymore thanks to the hackers/RMTers that forced the site to shut down. I don't have time to run to EC tunnel or to log on an EC mule just to monitor.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope the auction site comes back. I used to have it on in my other monitor while playing P1999. I used to buy and sell much more but not anymore thanks to the hackers/RMTers that forced the site to shut down. I don't have time to run to EC tunnel or to log on an EC mule just to monitor.
Agreed. I find myself having to spend so much more time in EC now, and it seems way less fruitful too. If you are looking for a specific item, it can take days to a week for you to get lucky and see the thing for sale!

That's why when I see someone WTB an item and I got it on an alt I never play, I let them know I got that item and can sell it. I know how awful it is waiting for one specific item not knowing when someone might have it for sale.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Get out there and camp those items yourselves, you'll save more that way.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get out there and camp those items yourselves, you'll save more that way.
Easy for someone to say when they play on a server that has zones that literally have zero people in them. Camping items on Red is probably pretty easy for you bro.

We on the real server with a real population, with a real problem in EC thanks to not having P99 auction site available any longer.

Stop bringing up your server Swish, no one wants to go to Red.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

At no point in this thread did I bring in red server vs blue server...but I will say you feel more "achieved" in your characters if you quest items or spend the time getting them yourselves.

Arguably just relying on EC all the time plays into the hands of the same Fat Cat Coalition, you're working for them by grinding it out at the seafuries etc.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arguably just relying on EC all the time plays into the hands of the same Fat Cat Coalition, you're working for them by grinding it out at the seafuries etc.
You don't really believe this, do you?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't really believe this, do you?
It's a fact. People grind at plat camps because they want fungis or whatever out of the tunnel rather than camping them themselves. Most times resellers of the big items are the fat cats. Make them richer, go on now.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's a fact. People grind at plat camps because they want fungis or whatever out of the tunnel rather than camping them themselves. Most times resellers of the big items are the fat cats. Make them richer, go on now.
Some people don't have the time to sit and wait for the "fat cats" to leave the farming camps like fungi etc. How often you think these camps are open?

People do what they can to get items in the game, to thumb your nose at how someone else plays is condescending especially when you aint taking into consideration some people simply can't farm all the items they may want.

They do what they can, and that's farm plats to buy the items from those who can provide those items.

You know this. I don't know why you pretend as if everything you have on your toons was all farmed by you and yourself alone.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread