Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There really is not a great argument for it. That's why I will never argue that abortion is moral.

I did in the past.

And you are right. I wanted to do my best to argue in favor of less legislation. I feel like I did. Thank you for supporting your position. And yes, the absence of a law isn't necessarily more or less moral than the existence of one.

I prefer to do things honestly and in good faith.
as an aside, I wonder if startrek is actually hard conservatism.

Uniforms/well dressed.

Strict hierarchy.

Prime directive (super pro life).

Picard inherited a vineyard.

No movies and video games.

Im beginning to think it's a myth that this is a progressive utopia, and start believing it's a fascist one.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Star trek was a conservative society.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as an aside, I wonder if startrek is actually hard conservatism.

Uniforms/well dressed.

Strict hierarchy.

Prime directive (super pro life).

Picard inherited a vineyard.

No movies and video games.

Im beginning to think it's a myth that this is a progressive utopia, and start believing it's a fascist one.
Yes. It's sneaky.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

It's like, you think it's just well organized communism at worst, but when you find out it's pro lifer old white dudes who inherit family money it's like haha whoa momma the clue's were right in our faces [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cant have an estate tax, if you get rid of taxes by eliminating physical dollars and making invested wealth the only economy!
Old 09-07-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be better if the female in question could just voluntarily remand herself and her child into the custody of the state or institution of her choice without killing anyone?
Even for this forum with its many fascist sympathizers and Trumptards, this idea is dumb as hell.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sure we can do all that with or without abortion, but on the subject of abortion alone, it is less moral than not having abortions, because the best argument for it is population control and that is simply not moral.
In a black and white world its simple to say its less moral to have abortions than not.

To argue against abortion is to argue against the mother's freedom of choice.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:37 PM
Banned

Picard is always shameful about his families estates and constantly justifying everything he has on the basis of merit.

I also believe he's not necessarily wrong.

It's extremely conservative.

There are also a ton of impoverished worlds which are either impoverished or neglected to maintain the legitimacy and authority of the federation. See the cardassian and federation demiliterized zone.
Last edited by starkind; 09-07-2021 at 12:40 PM..
Old 09-07-2021, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a black and white world its simple to say its less moral to have abortions than not.

To argue against abortion is to argue against the mother's freedom of choice.
Choice to do what
Old 09-07-2021, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have replicator technology. The Picard series made zero sense in the ST universe. The one scene with the lady brow-beating Jean Luc about wealth.. she lives in a trailer in the future but cant ask the replicator for nicer things.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Choice to do what
Freedom to get an abortion if she wants to.
Closed Thread