Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Stupid women deserve rights too.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most Planned Parenthoods or women's clinics aimed at this sort of thing are walk-in based but maybe I'm wrong, so I don't really get the same day rant you just went on.

Anyways, women can bleed while they're pregnant. Some women bleed multiple times when they are pregnant and the baby is still fine. So in your scenario, a woman might think that bleeding is her regular period and think she is not pregnant.

Pee on a stick pregnancy tests are largely accurate but not always. They are like 85% accurate I think? But being wrong 15 out of 100 times is not insignificant. It takes about 5-7 days to start producing gonadtropin levels after fertilization that can be seen on the test. Also, sperm can live like up to a week in a fallopian tube, so we are already at two weeks. Even so, you would need to then get an appointment with an OBGYN to have bloodwork done to confirm if you are pregnant or not. I guess it would depend on your state, but my state your are looking at 4-6 weeks to get that appointment. Anyways you can see that even if you are a woman on top of your shit, you can easily still get pregnant and be unable to get an abortion in Texas, even if its a same day clinic.

So politicians are either largely uniformed, or know what they are doing and know they are basically outlawing abortion.
The planned parenthood site said there are clinics that do abortions on the same day you get a positive pregnancy test. If you hit the back button and go back one page I pasted a pic, or you can read the page yourself here

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ion-procedures

It definitely does not take 4-6 weeks in my state to make an appointment with a doctor or to schedule bloodwork. Whenever I’ve requested bloodwork from my PCP (and in my state you can get in to see your pcp usually within a few days to at most a week). I was given the address of a lab that I went to that same day

The reason politicians are picking those times (IM GUESSING) is due to the development of the embryo and trying to make a estimated guess at what constitutes life

I guarantee you it’s not an effort to make abortion illegal and even if it was, abortion being illegal in one area does not = the end of abortion. It means people will travel farther or it will just drive the services underground, probably at a cost of quality and safety, which is one of the more compelling arguments I’ve heard against attempting to criminalize them but one no pro-choicer has presented here yet
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-06-2021 at 11:05 PM..
Old 09-06-2021, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A two week window to get an abortion after missing your period will effectively outlaw all abortions in the state.
Why are you so dead set on killing babies

It's morbid
Old 09-06-2021, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

You have to admire pro-lifers, they've had a secure fortress in fetal viability since 1992 yet keep insisting on more and more restrictions.

Did I say admire? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2021, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to admire pro-lifers, they've had a secure fortress in fetal viability since 1992 yet keep insisting on more and more restrictions.

Well it's easy to be pro kill baby if you weren't murdered by your own mother
Old 09-07-2021, 12:00 AM
Banned

My issue is that the arguments for why someone may choose to get an abortion ARE solid arguments, things such as 10% of pregnancy tests aren't accurate, 10% of morning after pills don't work

So picture a typical person, unequipped financially and situationally to have a kid, and believing that adoption centers are simply too overloaded or otherwise doesn't want to look at that option. So she has unprotected sex, and gets pregnant. But let's say she anticipated this, and tried a morning after pill, and happened to be in the 10% where it didn't work. She was worried she may be pregnant, so she bought an at home test but was in the 10% where that didn't work either

This possibility is a strong reason for needing to get a post 6+ week abortion, because on paper this woman tried her best (other than the unprotected sex part). And I don't doubt if questioned (which in behavioral health this is absolutely beat OUT of us, in addition to never referring to the pregnancy as a "baby") would probably claim that they tried the morning after pill or they tried a pregnancy test and it simply didn't work. Do you know what % of women would be making that claim, if questioned? WAYYYY the fuck more than 10%. Which means what? It means that some of these women are not only irresponsible about family planning, but also dishonest about it

And gatordash claims that an abortion is the hardest decision in some women's life, one that can require therapy to get over, or may never be able to escape the guilt. And this is absolutely true. For some women. You will never convince me that this is true for ALL women who choose to get one

And one method you use to alleviate feelings of guilt for what the mind might see as an "evil" action is to un-person the victim. "Gay people aren't human". "Jews aren't human". Always step 1 to getting a society to be more comfortable with something that they might have a moral objection to is to un-person the victim. "It's not a developing human, it's just a collection of cells"

Gatordash would likely be furious reading this so I'll make a disclaimer:

I'm not saying it's productive to call the fetus a baby to the woman and pile on needless guilt onto a person who already might be feeling the most guilt they've ever felt in their life. I personally wouldn't do it, not in my job or my personal life. I'm saying that a pro-lifer who believes it is a murder, and believes if they could change the person's mind they prevented a murder, WOULD be willing to adopt that tactic. That's why they do it, regardless of how productive or messed up or whatever other people feel about that tactic
Old 09-07-2021, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If we keep calling our political opponents baby killers and comparing pro-choice advocates to antisemites, then suburban moderates have to support us in the midterms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2021, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue is that the arguments for why someone may choose to get an abortion ARE solid arguments, things such as 10% of pregnancy tests aren't accurate, 10% of morning after pills don't work

So picture a typical person, unequipped financially and situationally to have a kid, and believing that adoption centers are simply too overloaded or otherwise doesn't want to look at that option. So she has unprotected sex, and gets pregnant. But let's say she anticipated this, and tried a morning after pill, and happened to be in the 10% where it didn't work. She was worried she may be pregnant, so she bought an at home test but was in the 10% where that didn't work either

This possibility is a strong reason for needing to get a post 6+ week abortion, because on paper this woman tried her best (other than the unprotected sex part). And I don't doubt if questioned (which in behavioral health this is absolutely beat OUT of us, in addition to never referring to the pregnancy as a "baby") would probably claim that they tried the morning after pill or they tried a pregnancy test and it simply didn't work. Do you know what % of women would be making that claim, if questioned? WAYYYY the fuck more than 10%. Which means what? It means that some of these women are not only irresponsible about family planning, but also dishonest about it

And gatordash claims that an abortion is the hardest decision in some women's life, one that can require therapy to get over, or may never be able to escape the guilt. And this is absolutely true. For some women. You will never convince me that this is true for ALL women who choose to get one

And one method you use to alleviate feelings of guilt for what the mind might see as an "evil" action is to un-person the victim. "Gay people aren't human". "Jews aren't human". Always step 1 to getting a society to be more comfortable with something that they might have a moral objection to is to un-person the victim. "It's not a developing human, it's just a collection of cells"

Gatordash would likely be furious reading this so I'll make a disclaimer:

I'm not saying it's productive to call the fetus a baby to the woman and pile on needless guilt onto a person who already might be feeling the most guilt they've ever felt in their life. I personally wouldn't do it, not in my job or my personal life. I'm saying that a pro-lifer who believes it is a murder, and believes if they could change the person's mind they prevented a murder, WOULD be willing to adopt that tactic. That's why they do it, regardless of how productive or messed up or whatever other people feel about that tactic
It is murder

We rationalize it because they are still in the womb or are an inconvenience to the mother who wants to keep partying and riding the cock carousel

If people are for it, fine, but this dancing around what an abortion constitutes is just word salad

If you support killing babies. Own it.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we keep calling our political opponents baby killers and comparing pro-choice advocates to antisemites, then suburban moderates have to support us in the midterms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, surefire way to lose the suburban moderate woman. Sad but true
Old 09-07-2021, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is murder

We rationalize it because they are still in the womb or are an inconvenience to the mother who wants to keep partying and riding the cock carousel

If people are for it, fine, but this dancing around what an abortion constitutes is just word salad

If you support killing babies. Own it.
Law don't go that way, Trumpyboi. You suck!
Closed Thread