Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please lets stop mentioning BiS items for some classes already? It's for the slots it frees up while keeping your int up..... items like this make way for BS jewlery and the such...
An item can be BiS and still be way overrated.

I don't think anyone argues GEBs are bad items - but GEBs should be way down on the list of items you should get your caster in an effort to gear them as effectively as possible.

That said, I don't think there are that many people who think GEBs are "so amazing"...It's just that most other caster feet items are barely a step up from cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure what idiot said regen items were overrated, but I took a monk into its 40's solo with a pre nerfed fungi robe. Other monks I talked to solo'd all the way to 50 and did it casually in less than a month. So no, regen is not overrated outside of haste it's like the best melee stat.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mosscovered Twig. Same with Efreeti Standard. Rumor has it TMO got a Efreeti Standard like last week and tried to claim it as a server first. Sorry faggots, but Emil of IB got the first one summer 2010 when we dominated sky.
Just saw this ROFL. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah Fungi Tunic price also seems kind of nuts to me atm but sitting in EC it seems like the price is being pushed higher more by the buyers than the sellers. I guess some people just have a ton of money with nothing to spend it on.

Fungi is an awesome piece of gear though, in a very practical way, so it's hard for me to say it's actually over priced or over rated.
Definitely this, but also the real reason the fungi is in high demand is..

Pretty much everyone made a melee alt for kunark. And the Tunics didn't exactly start flowing into the economy en masse (for reasons discussed in other threads). And in order for a tunic to be sold, it has to be dropped on the server, won on a roll, *and* the person winning the roll has to have no immediate need for it himself or his alts.

And if you are finally to the point where a fungi tunic isn't something you immediately need, you're likely someone who has everything anyways, and the plat price that makes you even blink is 150k+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is a fungi as important once you have torpor? I've heard conflicting opinions.
No, not really. You stop relying on regen once you have torpor. It might still be useful to have, but I'd wear a nice statpiece instead. If you could upgrade other things with cash by then, I'd sell the fungi and buy gear/spells. If I had a fungi on a shaman and hit level 60, I'd immediately sell it and start looking for torpor/malo. Those spells are infinitely more important than +15 regen with poor stats.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, not really. You stop relying on regen once you have torpor. It might still be useful to have, but I'd wear a nice statpiece instead. If you could upgrade other things with cash by then, I'd sell the fungi and buy gear/spells. If I had a fungi on a shaman and hit level 60, I'd immediately sell it and start looking for torpor/malo. Those spells are infinitely more important than +15 regen with poor stats.
Well the brightside is you wouldn't have to sell your fungi to find torpor/malo ;P

Just because you can keep torpor on yourself all the time doesn't mean it is always the correct decision. +15 regen is nothing to scoff at, for me it would take an absolute beast of an item such as CoV to permanently put the fungi on the bench.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Fire Giant

Well, once you have Torpor, you no longer need to slowly regenerate the HP you spend on canni. That's why you won't have much use for fungi when you have Torpor. It changes the playstyle a lot, and it turns the shaman's mana management tool into more like an on-demand Harvest instead of functioning kinda like Lich. You can simply canni down to 50% health, Torpor yourself and it'll take you back to full. You don't need to pay the same kind of attention to your HP/mana balance anymore and you have literally infinite mana as long as you have time to canni five times and Torpor afterwards. That's why you're better off with Trak BP or even planar - the regen style simply stops being relevant once you can recover with Torpor for 200 mana instead. Fungi has terrible stats, after all.

This is also why the higher-level canni spells have a less efficient HP-to-mana ratio and are only really worth using in conjunction with Torpor. Once you can use Torpor instead of regen to balance it out, it becomes better to do fewer canni casts that take/give more HP/mana so you can spend more time on the other things you need to do. As long as you have to slowly regen the HP back at a 30/tick rate or whatever it is, you have to use the smaller cannis and it takes up a lot more of your time.
Last edited by greatdane; 07-22-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Closed Thread