Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-16-2022, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like that game valhiem to have basically had all the eq content and bam! Im good to GO!

I've seen this game around a lot lately and initially sluffed it off as Pantheon is kinda what I've resolved to hopefully enjoy one day cuz there's bound to be a sad day at some point in our lives where p99 will not be here anymore and live is simply not an option... But now it's starting to pique my interest. I'll check this out in the super near future!
Old 10-16-2022, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Its actually quite fun, in an EQ kind of way. Its like strangly obtuse and like you dont know what the hell is going on, but you can figure out how to build things and explore quite easily, and then you see its full of orcs and goblins and skeletons, but thats about as far as I got.

I wish it felt a bit more like EQ in that its world was a bit like meme games today that have like, these open worlds with no lore.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:25 PM
Banned

Albion Online has a trading economy where essentially everything that you loot is useful to another player.

There's no vendoring your loot to an NPC.

You either use your loot for yourself, or it's easily sold to a healthy market that is looking for those items.

Runescape also kind of has this system as well, but you can also vendor stuff to NPCs.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey it could be diverse. Maybe you get 300 exchangeable points and there's 8 languages. Can be pro at 3 or half decent at a few.
Hey! That's a way to do it! I'ma steal that and act like I thought of it haha. I kinda wanna say UO had a system like that and does RuneScape do that as well? But with all skills in general tho?

But regardless that shared skill point pool sounds like a fair way to respec some minor character features (like me spending all my training points into a trade skill I just now decided I'm gonna pursue cuz not like I have a choice but to get my money's worth cuz they're ALREADY SPENT!!...)
Old 10-17-2022, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Here's one to bump thread.

Some kinda legacy system (game has permadeath but wait..)
Your characters are mortal and can die of old age. If you play out a character to old age you get an heir. Basically a free level pass to the last arbitrary check point it reaches (level X and/or x hundred skill points or whatever) upon character creation. This character now has a family tree the you can see, players can inspect, linked in text... along with their great deeds (achievements) for bragging rights or whatever.
Chance to try new class?
Come from a long line of Rangers?
You now also have an heirloom chest and each character can designate X items/loot from what you've amassed to be passed on the the next character.
Found super sweet epic wand you don't wanna sell but aren't a wizards? Pass mark it heirloom and roll a wizard if you want.
Coin wealth has not been considered but it would just be whatever scales fairly with the rest of this idea.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Your characters are mortal and can die of old age. If you play out a character to old age you get an heir.
This makes me want a phantasy star III everquest.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They got old too!

rip
Old 10-17-2022, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Albion Online has a trading economy where essentially everything that you loot is useful to another player.

There's no vendoring your loot to an NPC.

You either use your loot for yourself, or it's easily sold to a healthy market that is looking for those items.

Runescape also kind of has this system as well, but you can also vendor stuff to NPCs.
I remember really liking the way Nexus TK did their player-run economy with a combination of the real-time market area entered just below a Kugnae inn and the bulletin boards...ncluding the rogue merchant PC-run subpath. Do you remember what that was like when the game had a healthy/large population my friend? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2022, 06:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember really liking the way Nexus TK did their player-run economy with a combination of the real-time market area entered just below a Kugnae inn and the bulletin boards...ncluding the rogue merchant PC-run subpath. Do you remember what that was like when the game had a healthy/large population my friend? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, the market was right near the Spy guild (oops, I revealed the entrance - I would've been kicked out for that)

Tbf, Nexus has a cool way of doing subclasses. I literally had to spy on other players to become a Spy. I learned about real world code cracking too.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Has anyone played the game Utopia. It's the PvP kingdom building resource management game you play in a browser?
Old 10-23-2022, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

With intelligent control of bosses skills like taunt need to force damage into the tank, simple as that.
Lost but not forgotten.