Updating the list of things that see hide/sneak -

Dalnir - goos - should see hide/sneak as it is listed
Frontier Mountains - random giants at fort - should not see hide/sneak
SolA - casters and I believe clockworks at castle - should not see hide/sneak
SolB - kobolds - should not see hide/sneak - random bats should
KC - drovlarg guardians - should not see hide/sneak
Seb - a ton of frogs - should rarely see hide/sneak
CoM - goos - should see hide/sneak as it is listed

If anyone else has mobs to add that should or should not see hide/sneak list it here. As a caveat; when I list mob seeing or not seeing hide/sneak I am talking about rogues version of hide/sneak. Also, NO mob should see sneak when you are behind them so in reality I am talking about hide when a mob should or should not see through rogue hide/sneak.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
the assassin can see thru rogue hide
Okay now this I do remember. But did he also see through invis to undead?

To be fair, I've continued keeping an eye out in my digging and did find some references to that sneak/hide being ONLY invis/2undead is a bit overkill. So I'm back with koros on this.

I think the good news here is that there aren't too many mobs out there that should be exceptions to this rule and that Velious (going forward) is MUCH better documented as far as people during the era making guides/posting experiences.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Developer

I can look at what they have coded and set in the db. Have some ideas on how to do ran chance to see thru sneak/hide.

H
Old 09-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Plane of Hate mobs are however completely wrong atm. Lichs should see rogue hide, they were the primary danger in getting your book solo. They don't. Banshees should see rogue hide also. They don't. Golems should scowl but not agro. Innoruuk and Maestro might, probably should see rogues. Nothing else in Hate should see rogue hide. All sorts of wrong mobs seeing rogues atm, particularly revs.

Quote:
Mobs:

There are 14 different mobs in Hate, and each is different.

Cleric of Innoruuk - Cleric - They look like a Dark Elf guard. They have high magic resist, so harder to mez, and they love to complete heal. They also buff the mobs they pass with cleric buffs. Keep them stunned (bash/ slam) while fighting and kill them fast. They drop cleric gear. They do not see rogues or even normal invisible. They have a normal aggro range.

Ire Ghast - undead Shadow Knight - They look like a ghoul and have low magic resist, so easy to mez, but love to HarmTouch, and do it a lot. Undead magic works on them. They drop some Paladin weapons (mace and sword) and a shield, and can also drop the druid shield, though extremely rare. They do not see rogues, but do see normal player invisible (although invis to undead would work). They have a small aggro range.

Revultant Rat - Warrior - They look like a giant diseased rat and have low magic resist, but proc Deadly Poison. Only drop is a Ranger Whip. They do not see rogues, but may or may not see normal invis (some do, some don't). They have a small aggro range.

Spite Golem - Shaman - They look like a rock golem. They have insane magic resist (although poison, disease, and the wizard Lure spells will usually stick). This is the most important target most times. If you get 2, one warrior, usually the backup assist, will keep second one busy while the group kills number 1. It is possible to kill several, but very, very tough, so be careful. They love to cast SoW and other Alacrity on everything close to them. They drop shaman armor including a shield, and a druid shield. They do not see a rogue, but see everything else. They have a large aggro range.

Loathing Lich - undead Wizard - They look like a spectre and have very low magic resist but more hp than most mobs in Hate, plus are undead so undead magic works well, so usually easy kills. But they will cast the wizard damage shield (the annoying 2 damage spam shield). They drop a Necromancer rod. They DO see a rogue as well as anything else. *** BE CAREFUL *** They have a small self-aggro range, but will pass chain-aggro other mobs a very large range.

Abhorrent - Rogue - They look like gargoyles and have very low magic resist, but love to backstab, so make sure the puller is careful pulling them. They drop rogue gear. They do not see rogues or normal invisible. They have a small aggro range.

Haunted Chest - Warrior - They look like a bog box with teeth. They will proc a Nullify Magic, so they will strip your buffs. They can drop any armor item from the Planes of Fear, and possibly from Hate. They do not see a rogue, but do see others. They have an extremely small aggro range and are very slow. When pulling, the puller has to stay close, or the box will forget and go home. They even aggro other mobs at a very short range. Boxes spawn only in fixed locations. They are not on any other spawn table.

Kiraikueis - undead Monk - They look like a mummy and have low magic resist. They will proc Strong Disease. They are undead, so undead magic works well on them. They drop warrior gear and a monk Shuriken. They do not see rogues, but do see normal invis, though invis to undead would work. They have a very large aggro range, but a small pass-on range, so they will aggro with anything close, but not aggro the mobs around them... usually.

Scorn Banshee - undead Warrior - They look like a female zombie and have low magic resist, but proc Strong Disease and hit a ton. But undead magic works. They drop Bard gear. They DO see rogues and all invis, including invis to undead, regardless of what con says. *** BE CAREFUL *** They do have a small aggro range, though.

Forsaken Revanant, Male - undead Magician - They look like male vampires and have normal magic resistance. They also cast a mean damage shield and nasty AE direct damage. Undead magic does work. They drop mage gear. They do not see rogues, but do see normal invis. They have normal aggro range.

Forsaken Revanant, Female - undead Enchanter - They look like female vampires and have high magic resistance, but they do not cast charm. They do cast a damage shield, though. Undead magic works. They drop Enchanter gear. They do not see rogues but do see normal invis. They have normal aggro range.

Ashenbone Drake - Necromancer - Looks like a skeletal dragon or a small DracoLiche from Fear. They have high magic resist and love to cast Fear, plus they hit like a tank. They drop a tank axe or a Shadow Knight shield or weapon. They do not see rogues, but do see normal invis. They have an insane aggro range and have been known to aggro stuff across the zone. Be extremely careful on this one's aggro.

Maestro of Rancor - Bard - Looks like Lord Mistmoore, but since he hasn't been seen in a long time, I guess Mistmoore looks like Maestro. He is a Bard, but since NPCs do not use BardSong, you could say he's a warrior. He hits a TON and has an ae lifetap on everything in melee range. And if he has dual weapons, he hits extremely fast. He normally drops 2 items, mostly Bard stuff, though a few monk items and a nice dropable shield. He sees rogues and all normal invis, but his back is usually to the door so no problem. He is the lesser boss of Hate.

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285
Last edited by Cecily; 09-02-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Old 09-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

I'm dubious as to whether or not "rare" chances to spawn seeing rogues actually happened or not. More than likely, it was a rogue screwing up their invis and thinking they were hidden when they weren't.

If you feel like you have to implement it, something like 1% chance to spawn and self buff with see invis spell for mob classes that can cast that spell. I'm pretty sure that's why loathing lichs (100% chance) should see everyone, for example.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Let us never forget.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Updating the list of things that see hide/sneak -

Dalnir - goos - should see hide/sneak as it is listed
Frontier Mountains - random giants at fort - should not see hide/sneak
SolA - casters and I believe clockworks at castle - should not see hide/sneak
SolB - kobolds - should not see hide/sneak - random bats should
KC - drovlarg guardians - should not see hide/sneak
Seb - a ton of frogs - should rarely see hide/sneak
CoM - goos - should see hide/sneak as it is listed

If anyone else has mobs to add that should or should not see hide/sneak list it here. As a caveat; when I list mob seeing or not seeing hide/sneak I am talking about rogues version of hide/sneak. Also, NO mob should see sneak when you are behind them so in reality I am talking about hide when a mob should or should not see through rogue hide/sneak.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3651

PARF-Druzzil-Ro
QuoteReply
# Jun 21 2001 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
Anonymous
Cinder golbin Shaman can see invisible. they are found throughout the golbin areas of Solusek.
▲ Page top
#Anonymous, Posted: Jun 21 2001 at 1:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Cinder golbin Shaman can see invisible. they are found throughout the golbin areas of Solusek.
#Anonymous, Posted: Jun 21 2001 at 1:17 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Cinder golbin wizards can see invisible. they are found throughout the golbin areas of Solusek.

one would think after the hide nerf they would see rogue hide
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3651

PARF-Druzzil-Ro
QuoteReply
# Jun 21 2001 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
Anonymous
Cinder golbin Shaman can see invisible. they are found throughout the golbin areas of Solusek.
▲ Page top
#Anonymous, Posted: Jun 21 2001 at 1:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Cinder golbin Shaman can see invisible. they are found throughout the golbin areas of Solusek.
#Anonymous, Posted: Jun 21 2001 at 1:17 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Cinder golbin wizards can see invisible. they are found throughout the golbin areas of Solusek.

one would think after the hide nerf they would see rogue hide
rogue hide/sneak does not = invisibility

Old 09-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rogue hide/sneak does not = invisibility
Wasn't that the nerf they changed it to normaly invis plus ivu ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 09-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

It was incorrectly changed according to the information posted in this thread.