Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I remember being in a group that had waited what seemed like forever for the Frogluk Scryer to spawn. I mean forever! It felt like we had killed a thousand Shaman placeholders. The guys in the groups were getting in serious trouble with their wives. The minute the Scryer spawned some guy came running in, grabbed it and poof they were gone. We send him a nice tell saying, please sir, we were patiently waiting on that Scryer. Can we have him back?

Sure he said. But he also brought a Gaz Knight back with him. We tried to fight it but it hit so HARD. We tried to run away, but it ran after us so FAST. That Gaz Knight just destroyed our exhausted group.

I think we all logged. Half of us quit EQ.

But I decided to persevere on...

A couple days later, I was in Karana on my Elf Ranger when I get a tell from this guy asking me to help him kill a Named centaur. He was so excited, but I was only a lowbie ranger and I told him this.

He's too tough for me I said, still hurting from getting a Gaz Knight trained on me a few days earlier.

He kept saying truust me. Use your bow, bro. Well, he called me bro, so I had to help. Its a code thing you see.

But that centaur was so FAST. I couldn't get away from him and he hit so HARD! I tried everything, but I was so tired and I died.

I was so mad I quit EQ right then and there.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Just kidding here of course, but I loved the stories and the regrets. Couldn't help but have some fun with them).
Last edited by Drummond; 01-31-2017 at 10:32 PM..
Old 02-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Rolled up a half elf warrior of innoruuk on the red server. No regrets there, it was the reddest combo I could think of!

Having out levelled decaying skeletons, now rocking a two handed sword and cloth armour, I wanted to try my lucky at the zombie camp. There was already someone there. It was a dark elf, so I played nice as it was nek forest and he was a favoured of innoruuk; I asked if he wanted to share.

He said there were only enough zombies for one and he was agnostic. Naturally, while his pet was fighting a zombie I killed him and took his camp.

I don't actually feel bad about that; this is how I view red is meant to operate: play normally and resolved disputes with pvp.

Another time, me and 2 friends were playing high way men at the sisters camp in lesser fay. We'd plug away at bandits while someone else in zone did the sisters. When we felt they had accumulated sufficient platinum we would head over to their camp and demand their money or their life.

They would never give their money, so we always took it (and their life). One guy was so rustled that all his hardly earnt plat was taken he rolled a level 1 wizard and trained the dark elf camp on us. This was during the Eunomia period, so we ate the train and petitioned him. Never saw him again. I think we got him banned for training. That part I do regret.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

I regret reading this post
Old 02-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

I like it. Yeah he probably lost that account but he probably rerolled also. Red isn't supposed to be about playing too nice unless you're XP'ing together to grind up to the 50s.

People used to build reputations on being uncooperative. Chewie in Lower Guk if you ever met him, did so much to keep people out of there it was funny. I think he had a few SKs that covered most level ranges in there. Not sure if he got banned for it but he used to fear the undead frogs and start a train with them if he was out of range.

Food for thought if the discord server ever launches (no staff interference, if you die you're dead however it happens and however "illegal" it is on blue)
Old 02-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
INSECURE AS FUCK
Old 02-01-2017, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

^^ careful not to cut yourself on that edgy edited post there

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelk001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I first started playing way back in the day I trained someone, He sent me a tell later on giving me crap for training him. I didnt know what it meant and was acting like it was a good thing, I thought it meant that I helped his character learn something. yeah... I ran into him a few times before and he didnt really care for me. lol
lol priceless. Classic mixup! Romcom style, without the happy ending though.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

My first duel on live. I feared the person and they ran halfway across zone into a sand giant. Lost exp. A year later I triggered the giant spawn in Velious and they ran right to a group. She was in it. A few years later I married her IRL.

Not sure which one is the biggest regret.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:28 PM
VIP / Contributor

picking this username

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 02-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nectarprime....

Try Red.
if I wanted to play a pvp game I would play a game designed for it
Closed Thread