Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-30-2021, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Video modes disappeared

So I only have 3 video modes available now that I installed Black Desert Online. That's still the case after I uninstalled it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and rebooting my computer, and unpacking the installation zip files into the everquest folder again. Going to try to do a complete reinstall to see if that works. If not... going to have to quit eq
Old 07-01-2021, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

I can't imagine how installing some other program would affect the available resolutions in p99 besides changes to directx; but then I have many other 90s-00s games installed and none have interfered with my p99 installation. You're already proceeding down the path of resintalling I would first suggest. Please let us know how that works out.

Quitting seems a rather drastic measure - surely you could suffer playing at the OG 640x480?

-Mcoy
Old 07-04-2021, 11:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't imagine how installing some other program would affect the available resolutions in p99 besides changes to directx; but then I have many other 90s-00s games installed and none have interfered with my p99 installation. You're already proceeding down the path of resintalling I would first suggest. Please let us know how that works out.

Quitting seems a rather drastic measure - surely you could suffer playing at the OG 640x480?

-Mcoy
nah nothing has changed. thanks for your reply. maybe saying im quitting out loud was a bit much. somebody told me to delete my eqclient.ini file but i can't even find that one, and after a search.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

If you can't find it that's likely because your install is in Program Files. Windows considers this a "protected directory" so only programs run as admin are able to make changes. That means your .ini files would be in your user temp folder under c:\users\<username>\appdata.

Move your EQ folder out of program files to something like c:\games\ or literally any other path. Then, update your shortcut, and start the game. Then, it will be able to create a default .ini file.

-Mcoy