Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Default Ticks

I watch my mana tick up, giving me enough mana to cast a spell, then try to cast, and my mana ticks back down, and chat log tells me insufficient mana. No fizzle, just the tick undoes itself. I lose the mana that I just gained, after the tick already completed. This makes it impossible to actually actively cast spells between ticks, and it happens constantly.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

That is because you are doing it wrong.

Watch the mana tick up. Then wait for the mana to tick down 1 mana. When that 1 mana change occurs, that was the "real" tick and you can cast off that mana. If you try to cast off he visible full meditate tick value, what you described will happen.

It is unknown if this is classic cause we never were able to see our mana pool values back then.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

The issue is because the client uses a different rate than the server, server then syncs and it goes down for server side value.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Kobold

This is not how ticks are supposed to behave. IE a bug. Don't appreciate trolling in the bugs section, but I can't say I'm terribly surprised.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Not really sure how the responses above would even be considered "trolling." The issue you posted is a well known issue with the client, Daldaen and Ele (who are two of the biggest contributors to this Bugs section, clearly not trolls) explained why, and how to work around it until a fix can be implemented (if one ever is).

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 05-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

So any response is a troll now?

I explained how to resolve the issue. What you deem as a bug, is inherent to the client-server relation and is either unchangeable or extremely time consuming to change. Either way it isn't a classic issue and I don't see them devoting a huge amount of time to resolving the timing discrepancy between server and client ticks. When it is extremely likely nothing can be done about it.

Just wait for the single mana tick and cast then. Just ignore the big tick of mana regen as though it doesn't exist and pay attention to that one mana change. Cast then.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Kobold

No, every response is not trolling. Just the condescending one that says I'm doing something wrong when it's the server that's not functioning properly.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry I'm not the friendliest person in the world, I just called a spade a spade. The server doesn't work how you think it works. If you want to operate within the fixed constraints that our server has, Ele and I provided the information to do that. I didn't mean to say anything that might upset.

You can keep calling this a bug if you wish. But it isn't something that will feasibly be fixed, which is why most have learned the quirk of watching for the single mana change, and moved on with their gameplay with that in mind.