Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Shared an account with my roommate pre-Kunark for a while and after leveling a druid to about 25 or so on Cazic Thule and then I got my own account. Played until Luclin. Some friends told me about how much the game had changed over the years and so I tried it again in late 2010 or so. Found it on sale on Steam for really cheap and it was just too different for me. I started here just a little while ago.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:05 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

For me EQ was a few years into my Diablo 2 career. There was a trial disc that came with my rl buddys comp (Kughuk) and we started in late 2002/early 2003, in PoP era. Someone else we knew had already played so I grabbed his acc and began on Prexus. Neither of us owned PoP so we rode boats for our first month lol, that was probably the most fun I had. Freeport was my starting place for sure, played until just after the release of DoD and was in Legion of Kings (Luciferi DE necro and Freija wood elf rogue respectively).

I'd say my heyday was when we finally downed RZ on live, our guild wasn't too geared by that point (still doing VT in GoD/Omens era) took about 130 people (2 raids) for our guild to down him haha

Overall though I really liked our early days taking the boats around and mostly leveled in old world zones with my first guild (Honor Over All) with a necro named Zealen, that guy was the first to show me BW and DL for fear kiting hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*edit* shoutout to some people I remember from Prexus haha (if any of ya ended up here): Haroskilius, Hugar, Zealen, Qanara, Saellaven, Bloodfrenzy, Andru, Mazyr/Weneran/Pwaog
Last edited by Laugher; 08-03-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

I found out about EQ when i was in Middle School i met this friend of mine, stayed over night at his house for the first time, these friends of mine was rich had play station, Dream cast when it came out. A little later on after dinner he started up his computer and i heard this alluring music I was that sounds awesome, i was like in a trance.
i asked him what game is this , He said it was Ever Quest Back in almost Beta Era 98
he had a Dark Elf Shadow Knight , out of all the games at that time this one had me at hello , I started a Dark Elf Shadow Knight also the city of Neriak was mysterious
So if you your out their David Radford Thank You for introducing me this Beautiful World as we know it as Ever Quest
First Characters
Darksider Shadow Knight Dark Elf Server Fenni Ro
My Own Copy i got later that week
Shift Human Paladin - The Tribunal Retired/forced to delete ;o(
2nd Character Heartwarmer Half Elf Bard - The Tribunal
3rd Character Darkmystic Eudrite Wizard - The Tribunal
I played until 2009 or when SoD expansion came out and then quit
Main Kinloda 80th Berserker Barbarian Epic 2.0 -Raid Geared Nicely. Eq Live

I found P99 accidently trying to find free EQ or games or something close to it
it said EQ Emulator i was like wtf is that. Webster Dictionary Explained what Emulate meant.
So since 2010 i have been a proud member of p99 community.

Shout outs to Rollin,Wooly,Gilgmesh,Shyfox, from The Tribunal Server.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

A friend of mine showed me EQ, early 2000. He was a kid in a lighty raiding guild, and his guildmates seemed to think he was much older than he was :P

I bought it to play with him around then, I was 13. Once I got into the Vallon Zek politics though, I chose to KoS my friend and kill his lighty friends. Took a while to get up to 52 to attack them, but once I got up there that's exactly what I did.

We later dated while killing each other's guildies.

Red99
Old 08-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Large Rat

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplistik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just after the release of Kunark.
Same. The Kunark box made me take another look at this "online game" called EverQuest that I had seen the year before. I had money in my pocket and said F it. Aaaand the rest is history.

Got my Father addicted to have someone to play with (none of my friends even knew how to use computers, yet alone play a freakin' game on one. Myself, I've been into computers since the Commodore 64 Anyway. Then got my (then) wife addicted so that I could play more often. Ahhh good times of MMO addiction. Yeah, I don't miss that. lol

Anyway..[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Real life friends introduced me to EQ, our groups rule was never to read online forums or maps and figure stuff out about the game, everything had to be an adventure and an experience.

Ahhh good times, only thing i regret is leveling in piss poor places.

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 08-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Orc

Default Was too young at the time to play in '99

Having been born in 1990, I was a little too young to play Everquest back in '99 sadly, but I did get around to doing loads of chores to start playing shortly after the release of Scars of Velious. I remember creating a Human Shadowknight, and dying to a train of decaying skeletons within five minutes of creating him. Good times.
Last edited by xassis; 08-08-2013 at 08:27 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Sarnak

Default poll is missing my pick!

I started playing in december 1998 during closed beta when the lead developer ran around in game in a set of green plate armor and the wood elf starting area regularly had hunderds of players in it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default How do I get an account started?

I am an age 40+ player, and cannot find the guide to get me playing the game. Please help. There are no obvious links to download a client or how to get in game. Please help. I want to help and play.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeconomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am an age 40+ player, and cannot find the guide to get me playing the game. Please help. There are no obvious links to download a client or how to get in game. Please help. I want to help and play.
Not really the place to post this question, you can try the Technical Discussion sub forum, or just check out this link to the 'Getting started' section: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

Feel free to PM if you have any questions also

Good luck and welcome to p99
Closed Thread