Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Banned

Default Thank you to those behind the scenes

Some on the players on these forums aren't fans of appreciating staff here. I'm not one of those players. Instead I'm a player here who likes the concept of gratitude.

It's clear to those of us that have played here for a while that P99 has many different people who are spending time in their lives to make this server awesome. They could be doing anything with that time and instead they have chosen to invest it here to make the server better for all that play here.

Shout out to the CSR team, web dev team, and any other 'silent' p99 contributors that have empowered the devs to make p99 a fun and cool spot to play Old School EQ.

The gratitude many of us have for this Emu is something worth expressing.

Cheers!
Old 09-06-2023, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Flattery wont get you fresh any sooner. Nice try, nerd.
Last edited by sajbert; 09-06-2023 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: I’m a nerd too
Old 09-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

<3!

Ty all for these awesome servers!!
Old 09-06-2023, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flattery wont get you fresh any sooner. Nice try, nerd.
Don't be weird guy. Fresh? You haven't read what I have written about Green 2.0. Try again.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be weird guy. Fresh? You haven't read what I have written about Green 2.0. Try again.
My friend had a silver tongue, but he could never put it on paper as when he spoke to us. Where did you write about Green 2.0 fresh?
Old 09-06-2023, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really simple. Green has been quite popular and continues to be quite successful. Even compared with Blue.

Devs didn't initially anticipate the need for Teal until after Green's launch. But due to Green's popularity they adjusted on the fly and innovated a solution that will matter down the line. They know a hell of a lot more about a popular server launch than they did before. They learned from their mistakes. (Ie. Telling the community ahead of time about their plans. They won't do that again.)

Green 2.0 will happen. Expecting it this year is only something only someone bad at math would do. The server is coming when it makes sense for the devs. Not us.

Server launches are probably the most time intensive part of being a dev here. One of the worst parts about being a dev here is dealing with threads such as this. If we were paying customers that would be one thing. We aren't. The entitlement of players demanding more from devs on a free server is a visible cue to the devs to stay away.

This is why devs went and remain radio silent. If they communicate something the community doesn't like that would make their lives harder. Why would they do that?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...84#post3631084

This is one of the few posts I've made about it.

TLDR is I've claimed devs here don't owe use their plans on Green 2.0.

All this is an aside that this thread is about Gratitude. Only one other post so far. Almost as if some can't tell the difference between authentic appreciation and self-interested flattery to try and get something. Those that can't make that distinction would make awfully fun guests at Thanksgiving.
Old 09-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Banned

Yea I’ll eventually donate again comin up here

I tend to donate after I sink a decent amount of hours into playing, and just haven’t been playing as much these few weeks as last month
Old 09-08-2023, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

As long as Daybreak is churning TLPs dont hold your breath on a new server. P99 operates under Daybreaks grace, but there is a reason we never got the Discord server after they announced it was coming.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

id put you at the back of the petition line just for this.
6 months for your drop transfer stuff