Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Default New MMOG From an EQ Alumni

Has anyone heard anything about a new mmog called AVALON? It's co-creator, Jeffrey Butler, was the co-producer of both Kunark and Velious.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Banned

Hadn't heard of this one. Will give it a look.

Thanks for posting Loramin. Your vibe is missed around here. Hope you are enjoying whatever gaming adventures you are on.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:14 AM
Banned

Well right off the bat the word Avalon reminds me of the Toyota Avalon and my friend's mom who drove one and her frumpy mom jeans.

Still watched the trailer though cause of Jeff Butler's EQ cred. Fantasy parts look cool, FPS\techy parts not a fan of. Though I also really have no idea what the gameplay entails at all.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Machine guns? Not for me but good job on other aspects of the proposed game.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:56 AM
Banned

Trailer is every marvel DC movie from 3rd person perspective x minecraft. Cannot dig it. I want a 1st person survival horror sim where crafting a generic steel blade is an epic feet and there's depth to the world. My player character isn't a demig-d and every class sucks.

WoW was good when it was this. So was vanguard. It should matter more how many rations and what kind you take.

Every expansion after classic EQ slowly eroded the world with stat bloat and content designed for psychopaths without much story or lore. Just cuz the guy had his name on veeshans peak. Doesn't make him a genius designer. The game however will be extremely popular with psychotic and narcissistic millenials and zoomers who just get off to their characters doing power moves and getting perfect stats every raid tier. That's what it looks like anyway. So you will have nothing to worry about. It'll have its chunk of the idiot demographic. And you'll have pals to circle jerk with.

A better game would involve lore and exploration and factions. And secrets. And very limited player power. The housing and building system looks kinda cool tho.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Divinity meets EQ?

Count me in