Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-29-2023, 09:15 AM
Fire Giant

Ever heard of the phrase "toxic positivity"?

Because you're being guilty of that right now...
Old 09-29-2023, 09:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever heard of the phrase "toxic positivity"?

Because you're being guilty of that right now...
I'm not intending to seem toxic.

one person said I wanted 'everything' to be positive and the other said the reddit was dead. If correcting people is toxic then I guess I'm being toxic.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are all old and grumpy and dying. Fought so many battles. Taken so many scars.

And the world is moving by us at blistering speed. In the time it takes to get a mage epic three or four generations of GPU get launched. Twitter is now X. Unidentified Arial Phenomena are now Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena.

I however fully endorse ur positivity. In the words of a 107 year old. The key to happiness isn't to wait around for good things butttttttt to accept and embrace the good things you already got!

Dead like a zombies brain talking to itself. Just not too much interesting going on there.
The mage epic piece made me laugh.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanna speak up for dev Nilbog who has been absolutely churning through bugs subforum recently.
Nilbog is a hero
Old 09-29-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I think the forums have been more positive lately, ever since the moderators did a ban wave against some of the most toxic posters.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambparade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog is a hero
P.S. This.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I think the forums have been more positive lately, ever since the moderators did a ban wave against some of the most toxic posters.
Oh, didn't know that happened. Good to know.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's interesting how the removal of a bad apple or three has alleviated many posters concerns of getting attacked here for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambparade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog is a hero
I'm more inclined to think he's just a really cool dude that has a heroic level of passion for EQ.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the early days of computing there were really cool things coming out of Apple like BASIC programming language and AppleII hardware. Jobs and Woz worked together in those days of tinkering and discovery putting their heads together challenging convention. Things were exciting for both of them which led to new heights of innovation.

Apple's first act in graphical computing was the Macintosh. It felt Blue. Apple's 2nd act was the Ipod. It felt Green and needed Teal polish. Yet Apple had to achieve its 3rd and final act before Jobs left the building for the final time. The true game changer that Apple was destined for had yet to be released. The Iphone. Color unknown.

Woz can hold things together here for now but the Apple brand will only last forever if Jobs arrives back from his CEO position at NEXT and brings it all together one last time.
Betamax release date May 10, 1975
VHS release date September 9, 1976

HD-DVD release date March 31, 2006
Blue-ray release date June 20, 2006

Iphone release date June 29, 2007
Android 1.0 on HTC Dream release date October 20, 2008

If the Iphone gets released within a year. It's game on in a very interesting and positive way. Everyone benefits.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Any game's forum will reflect the way its players feel about that game.

There's no point asking for people to change their tone. That's irrational.